Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Battery life - Sony A-1

Started by Flatirons diver ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Battery life - Sony A-1

4 posts
  1. Would like to know if anyone has figured out about how much video time one can get on a standard Sony -A1 battery if it is fully charged

  2. I recently did a 2.5 hour UW video session with my A1, shooting 4k60. This wasn’t continuous shooting - probably shooting about half the time. I ended up getting out primarily because the sun went down, though my camera was on 5% battery by this stage too. This matches up pretty closely to the test in that thread indicating 1:45 of continuous shooting. Converting this to hour-long dives, I regularly get 3 photography dives on a single charge (I could stretch this out to 4 dives quite often, but why risk it), and 2 video dives per charge.

  3. shanesmith.photo thanks for the information 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.