Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

WTB Various Pieces of Camera Equipment - Take a look

Started by MattPNW ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

WTB Various Pieces of Camera Equipment - Take a look

13 posts
  1. Hi All!

     

    Looking to purchase various pieces of equipment and I've got a nifty table to help. If you don't have the specific item I'm asking for, feel free to pitch some alternatives. This is for a Sony A1 in an Isotta housing. I'll update the table as I buy things.

     

    Item Description Part Number Purchased?
    2 Ultralight 5 DB-05 Double Ball Arm DB-05  
    2 Ultralight 8 DB-08 Double Ball Arm DB-08  
    6 Ultralight AC-CSF New Style Clamp (Kelp Green) AC-CSF-KG  
    1 Ultralight Control Systems 20 lanyard w/ stainless bolt snaps AC-LY20  
    1 Ultralight Camera Lanyard AC-LYC  
    1 Sea & Sea YS-D3 II Strobe SS-03123  
    1 Ultralight AC-CSL Long Clamp for Focus Light AC-CSL  
    1 Sea & Sea YS-D3 Dome Diffuser SS-28116  
    1 Eneloop AA Charger with 4 x AA Batteries BAT-K-KJ17MCA4BA  
    1 Sea & Sea YS-D3 Snoot SS-28115  
    1 Isotta Zoom Gear for Sony 16-35mm Lens 2355  
    1 Isotta 70mm Extension Ring B120 0224  
    1 Isotta 6 inch Acrylic Dome Port -B120 1225 Yes
    1 Isotta 9 inch Crystal Dome Port -B120 1175  
    1 Isotta Focus Ring for Sony FE 90 mm F2.8 Macro G OSS 2302  
    1 Isotta Macro Port M67 H121 B120 2303  
    1 Isotta Manual Trigger 2905  
    1 Sea & Sea Fiber Optic Cable SS-50128  
    1 Isotta Ball Mount M8 Thread with Screw 1739  
    2 Isotta 45 Degree Ball Joint Adaptor 1707  
    2 Big Blue VL5800P 5800 Lumen Tri Color Underwater Video Light VL5800PTC Yes

     

    Edited by MattPNW
  2. Minor thoughts, Matt

    I'm not familiar with Isotta or the Sony systems and I'm sure others will chip-in, but if you are using a 16-35 mm lens do you need both a 6" and 9" port? My experience (with Nikon) of a 16-35 mm rectilinear lens pis that you need a big (9" is good) port to avoid soft edges and maybe even the Sea and Sea correction lens in addition. I would not use the 6" which would though work well with a fisheye.

    Those two lanyards, you can make them yourself easily in any colour or size that meets your needs using Paracord (available from Amazon), a Cobra knot and some marine quality fittings: carabiners whatever.

    I'm no salty dog, but knocked up an 8" handle in about 20 minutes using this method:

     

  3. 2 hours ago, TimG said:

    Minor thoughts, Matt

    I'm not familiar with Isotta or the Sony systems and I'm sure others will chip-in, but if you are using a 16-35 mm lens do you need both a 6" and 9" port? My experience (with Nikon) of a 16-35 mm rectilinear lens pis that you need a big (9" is good) port to avoid soft edges and maybe even the Sea and Sea correction lens in addition. I would not use the 6" which would though work well with a fisheye.

    Those two lanyards, you can make them yourself easily in any colour or size that meets your needs using Paracord (available from Amazon), a Cobra knot and some marine quality fittings: carabiners whatever.

    I'm no salty dog, but knocked up an 8" handle in about 20 minutes using this method:

     

    Thanks for the suggestions, Tim. Especially about the lanyard. I expect that the corners will be pretty soft towards 16mm and I’m open to the S&S correction kit. I think it’s a shot in the dark that someone has got the 9” dome, which is why I’ve listed both. The 6” with corrector could really be treated as a stop gap in the interim that’s easy to travel with. 

  4. For sure the 6" is easier to travel with. I had a 230 dome for my Subal and it was a pain in the neck for air travel - certainly if limited by the usual European baggage allowances. 

    I'm sure others will comment, but I suspect the 6" even with the S&S will be horribly mushy in the corners. Are you determined on the 16-35? Lots of folks don't like the idea of a fisheye but for most reef shots, the fisheye effect is negligible and they are so much easier to house and transport.

    The lanyard creation is fun! I can recommend that. 

  5. 2 hours ago, TimG said:

    For sure the 6" is easier to travel with. I had a 230 dome for my Subal and it was a pain in the neck for air travel - certainly if limited by the usual European baggage allowances. 

    I'm sure others will comment, but I suspect the 6" even with the S&S will be horribly mushy in the corners. Are you determined on the 16-35? Lots of folks don't like the idea of a fisheye but for most reef shots, the fisheye effect is negligible and they are so much easier to house and transport.

    The lanyard creation is fun! I can recommend that. 

    I don’t want to say that I’m 100% locked to the 16-35, however I do already have that lens and am trying to keep cost down. Are there good alternatives to the Canon 8-15mm+ sigma adapter? I had toyed around with the idea of swapping my 16-35 for a 12-24 Sony f/2.8 since it helps with land photography as well, but I’m not sure that it would be a good solution for underwater as I’ve seen nothing from anyone on it. Just the 8-15. 

  6. 36 minutes ago, MattPNW said:

    but I’m not sure that it would be a good solution for underwater as I’ve seen nothing from anyone on it.

    Have you seen this, Matt?

    View archived post in: Wide Angle Lens for Sony

     

  7. I saw that, in fact I had just commented to ask if the 12-24 2.8 has been reviewed yet. That would be the 12-24 I’d consider as it would consolidate my landscape lenses. That said, it didn’t seem like there was really that much outside of the Canon 8-15 and then the Sony 16-35. The 6” port would be nice as a stop gap until a 9” dome shows up and allows for more lenses without too much corner softness. 

  8. Any interest in a INON 45 degree viewfinder with Isotta adapter? Fit a Isotta D500 housing so assume it works on other models, not positive.

  9. Still looking for items! :)

  10. If you're not married to Ultralight, you might be able to save some $ getting arms and clips from BigBlue.  I've used them for several years and they seem to do the job just fine.  

    I also tend to cheap out on the fiber cables.  I'm using this with my AOI housing (that uses a very low light strobe trigger) and they have been reliable so far for a fraction of the cost.  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09Q5DGZJV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    I've been very happy with Eneloop batteries and my YS-D1 strobes.  I'd suggest getting 8 of them so you always have an extra set that's charged.  Costco used to carry them, but they switched switched brands a while back.  If you're not in a hurry, go to slickdeals.net and set up an alert for eneloop - I'm sure there will be some bargains in the next few weeks.

  11. On 11/7/2022 at 1:45 AM, TimG said:

    Minor thoughts, Matt

    I'm not familiar with Isotta or the Sony systems and I'm sure others will chip-in, but if you are using a 16-35 mm lens do you need both a 6" and 9" port? My experience (with Nikon) of a 16-35 mm rectilinear lens pis that you need a big (9" is good) port to avoid soft edges and maybe even the Sea and Sea correction lens in addition. I would not use the 6" which would though work well with a fisheye.

    Those two lanyards, you can make them yourself easily in any colour or size that meets your needs using Paracord (available from Amazon), a Cobra knot and some marine quality fittings: carabiners whatever.

    I'm no salty dog, but knocked up an 8" handle in about 20 minutes using this method:

     

    Thanks @TimG , you inspired me.  I followed your video link and made two short lanyards to hook my kit to my BC shoulder strap D-rings for shore diving.  I modified it slightly by doubling the first step which gives a 4 line wrap on the clips instead of 2 (probably overkill).

    lanyards.jpg

    Edited by JayceeB — added modification to braid.
  12. 41 minutes ago, JayceeB said:

    I followed your video link and made two short lanyards to hook my kit to my BC shoulder strap D-rings for shore diving

    Woohoooo!!! Those are nice - well done! 

  13. Hi I just posted up the 70mm extension ring for sale - I have the zoom ring but couldn't find it. 

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.