Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

over and under shot water drop magic

Started by nomadadv ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

over and under shot water drop magic

5 posts
  1. Hey everyone i have been going crazy with over under shot, i'm always ending with some drops one my glass dome. I have tried rainx , good old spit and of course dunkin the housing rapidly b4 taking a shot and it never fails i always have a drop of water, where i don't want it. Do you guys have any other tricks? i have been thinking of grabbing a microfiber cloth in my pocket will be my latest trick in the bag!

     

     

  2. I took an over-under class at the Digital Shootout in June, and the first thing that happened was a cleaning.

    The instructor (Jim Decker) gave everyone a bit of microfiber and some polishing/cleaning solution, and we sat around a table cleaning and polishing our domes.  Then we got into about 4 feet of water and practiced shots using models.

    The technique was to submerge the dome, then heave it up for a few seconds taking rapid-fire shots while a thin stream of water ran off.  The purpose of the rigorous cleaning was to remove any micro bits of gunk sticking to the dome as they will cause visual rivulets to form.

    It was also pointed out that this was a volume game, with maybe 3 decent shots of 100 attempts, so ... get a lot of shots.

    The cleaning worked well.  I didn't notice water drops anywhere.

  3. On 11/10/2022 at 7:34 PM, phxazcraig said:

    I took an over-under class at the Digital Shootout in June, and the first thing that happened was a cleaning.

    The instructor (Jim Decker) gave everyone a bit of microfiber and some polishing/cleaning solution, and we sat around a table cleaning and polishing our domes.  Then we got into about 4 feet of water and practiced shots using models.

    The technique was to submerge the dome, then heave it up for a few seconds taking rapid-fire shots while a thin stream of water ran off.  The purpose of the rigorous cleaning was to remove any micro bits of gunk sticking to the dome as they will cause visual rivulets to form.

    It was also pointed out that this was a volume game, with maybe 3 decent shots of 100 attempts, so ... get a lot of shots.

    The cleaning worked well.  I didn't notice water drops anywhere.

    What cleaning products were used on glass domes and what ones on acrylic domes?? I'd love to know as I can never get over/under shots to work. I've tried just taking lots of photos as well but at the moment I just get water drops and rivulets on every shot. 

  4. On 11/24/2022 at 3:12 AM, MTH said:

    What cleaning products were used on glass domes and what ones on acrylic domes?? I'd love to know as I can never get over/under shots to work. I've tried just taking lots of photos as well but at the moment I just get water drops and rivulets on every shot. 

    I don't know, but it was a pinkish opaque substance like a lot of polishing compounds.  Perhaps check with Jim Decker at Backscatter.  I have a glass dome, but I assume whatever he gave out was OK for acrylics too.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.