58 minutes ago, Interceptor121 said:
Would you shoot with that angle all times? My preference is to look at the scene on the same line of the lens
Having an angle is only when am in the sand/bottom
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is certainly depends a lot on the individuum, what is regarded the optimum...
As far as I am concerned, I have my 45° viewfinder always on the housing, regardless whether I shoot macro or WA. It took me few dives to get familiar with the 45° and point the camera roughly to the right direction. Now seeing through 45° and pointing the camera to the right angle is just normal for me. It would confuse me, when I had to change from 45° to 180° inbetween dives. I find it also impracticable to exchange the viewfinder every dive...
Regarding other issues:
#1.: I was using the back LCD for long. 45° viewfinder is not only much better for neck muscles, but when I was near the surface and the sun was shining, I had problems to see anything on LCD (I guess a monitor without hood may behave similar).
#2.: Regarding presbyopia: I am now over 66 and did not have any problems until 60. After 60 it started to progress rapidly and is becoming worse now every year. I have lenses, glued into my mask (multifocal, astigmatism and short sightedness). The adjustable optics of the viewfinder is very useful to correct for the annual increase of presbyopia and has saved me already money (a mask of this kind costs 600-700 Euros, but I will buy another mask of this kind, if required, without any hesitation). Last year I tried contact lenses (negtive dioptries, astigmatism plus multifocal): I could see a little better near and also far, but there was not a single region where I could see really good, comparable to the mask and the spectacles that I wear over the water - not an option for me, personally...
=> For me the 45° viewfinder in permanent use is the optimum, but it may be different when one produces video...
Wolfgang