Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Why do we obsess over image 'quality'?

Started by Paul Kay ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

Why do we obsess over image 'quality'?

21 posts
  1. Well, I shoot for myself, and the better the IQ of the image, the happier I am.  Even though most of my efforts are more for snapshots and memories.

    But I also am trying to constantly raise the quality (technical) of my images, and I've been quite sensitive to sharpness.  I used a 1.4TC for a single day with my 105mm.  Loved the focal length.   And then I post-processed the images that night and saw a reduction in sharpness in my Christmas Tree Worm shots.  Probably the equivalent of see a smudging of a feather on a duck shot for a birder.

    For interesting at much 'inferior' technology, I'm enjoying shooting some video on an Insta360 X3.   I like how I get to completely select the point of view and magnification in post.  Makes it easy to get shots framed the way you want, and the software seems easy to use.  Maybe when I get used to the novelty of it I'll start looking for more pixels, etc.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.