Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Aquatica Cannon D5 mk3 compatible with Mk4

Started by tomhauburn1 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica Cannon D5 mk3 compatible with Mk4

2 posts
  1. I just bought a lightly used Cannon D5 mk3 with an Aquatica housing. It's came with the new 9.25 dome port. Lens are a Sigma 12 to 24 and a Cannon 24 to 105 macro.  So I have two questions.

    1) I am assuming I need a flat port for the macro? Will the flat port I had for a D7000 Aquatica work?

    2) Will a Cannon d5 mk4 work at all in this housing and what buttons will not work if it's different?

     

  2. Aquatica offered an upgrade kit for converting 5DIII to 5DIV in the past here is a post on the topic:

    View archived post in: Canon 5D MK III housing upgrade?

    For your ports refer to the port chart for the 5III/IV here:

    https://www.bluewaterphotostore.com/content/web_pages/images/articles/AquaticaPortChart/a5dmkiv-ef-mount-lens-chart.pdf

    Assume you mean the 24-105mm F4L lens - I don't believe you could use a 24-105 lens in a macro port, the Aquatica port chart lists the 9.25"port with the 48458 extension and also mentions that a +3 diopter is required to reach focus.  (note that Nauticam don't mention the need for a diopter).  A quick calculation shows it should focus on something about 0.6m away from the dome which is "OK", but would be better if it focused closer.

    Aquatica don't list the 12-24 ART lens in the port charts, however Nauticam do and they state that the extension for the 12-24 is 60mm while the 24-105 requires 70mm for the same port, so want an extension ring which is 10mm less than the 48458 (2.5") specified by Aquatica for the 24-105.  So that would probably be the 48457 (2.1")  You would have to test it for vignetting I think.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.