Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

PMA review

Started by StephenFrink ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

PMA review

8 posts
  1. For some reason I find when I click on the link it opens in a separate box (which shows nothing on my Mac G5). Then I close the box and click the link again, it opens. Your performance may differ. Just an FYI.

  2. Works on my Mac first time!

     

    Wow - thanks for sharing such a detailed report. I hadn't realised that there was such a large underwater camera presence at the show - with seemingly all the big camera companies showing their compact housings and specialist UW companies there too.

     

    Having skimmed through I am off to read it!

     

    Alex

  3. Thanks Stephen, very thorough and well balanced report. Well worth the read.

  4. This is an interesting quote from Stephen's report:

     

    " I learned in conversation with Associate Manager for Technical Marketing and Training, Joe Guzman, Olympus does not intend to stop with the point-and-shoot market. Rather, they are committed to the pro end of digital imaging and are producing an aluminum housing for their 8 megapixel Evolt E-300. A digital camera from the ground-up, the Evolt series offers lenses especially designed to optimize the coverage of their digital sensor and a patented supersonic wave filter that keeps dust for sticking to the digital sensor. Zuiko lenses are renowned for their optical quality, and in particular the 50mm macro, 7-14mm zoom, and 11-22mm zoom should all be good performers in a housing. Best wishes to Olympus with their new housing, and I'll look forward to giving it a water test one day soon."

     

    Cool! ":D"

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  5. Quite an in-depth review Stephen. Thanks for sharing these most useful informations... Looks like u/w photography is now part of much more companies strategic plans than what it used to be in the silver-based film heydays.

     

    I agree with Alex on the most interesting aspect of future Olympus plans regarding their "flagship" camera. Wonder who will produce this housing for them... aluminum you said... will it come from Austria, Canada, Germany, Japan, or Switzerland...,

     

     

     

    Michel Gilbert

  6. This is an interesting quote from Stephen's report:

     

    " I learned in conversation with Associate Manager for Technical Marketing and Training, Joe Guzman, Olympus does not intend to stop with the point-and-shoot market. Rather, they are committed to the pro end of digital imaging and are producing an aluminum housing for their 8 megapixel Evolt E-300. A digital camera from the ground-up, the Evolt series offers lenses especially designed to optimize the coverage of their digital sensor and a patented supersonic wave filter that keeps dust for sticking to the digital sensor. Zuiko lenses are renowned for their optical quality, and in particular the 50mm macro, 7-14mm zoom, and 11-22mm zoom should all be good performers in a housing. Best wishes to Olympus with their new housing, and I'll look forward to giving it a water test one day soon."

     

    Cool! ":D"

     

    Yes, very, very interesting. Hope pricing won't be an issue - their excellent quality poly housing has always been very affordable. Does that mean the end of their 'wide flat port' faux pas days? I hope so.

  7. Wow, thanks for your time with this superb rundown!!!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.