Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Setting manual White Balans

Started by jmeoud ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Setting manual White Balans

6 posts
  1. I have a fuji F-700 which has an option to set the white balans manually. I have tried to do this under water by using my dive slate. It however does not seem to "catch" this as something it can use...

    The question now is how do I get my camera to set the white balans underwater? any usefull tips?

    thanks alot. Jacqueline

  2. I'm not sure I understood your problem.

    Do you mean you can't set the manual WB u/w with the slate or do you mean you can set it but it's not gets you the result you expect from these settings?

  3. Oke, I point my camera at the slate and try to capture the 'white'. my camera how then tells me he can't use it to set the white balans. If I point forinstance at the floor of the pool it does set the white balans.

    do i have to put the camera up close and personel to the slate or try and keep some distance. my manual only mentions pointing it at some white paper...

    Are there any other trix to setting the white balans manually?

     

    I hope this makes sense..... Tnx

  4. I have seen more than a few underwater photogs/videographers paint one of their fins white to white balance from. Your foot is just about the perfect distance away to get a good WB reading from the camera and adjust to the water...

     

    regards...

    - MP

  5. Oke, I point my camera at the slate and try to capture the 'white'. my camera how then tells me he can't use it to set the white balans. If I point forinstance at the floor of the pool it does set the white balans.

    do i have to put the camera up close and personel to the slate or try and keep some distance. my manual only mentions pointing it at some white paper...

    Are there any other trix to setting the white balans manually?

    I don't know this camera so its hard to tell what is wrong there.

    One guess is that maybe you don't fully fill the frame with your slate and the camera need it that way? try to test it also out of the water.

  6. That might be it. It doesn't fill the frame enough.

     

    To manually white balance, place something white at the depth and shooting distance you will be doing. Make sure it's big enough to get a good reading. Don't use a flash, and use the manual white balance feature pointing the camera horizontally (not up or down) at the white thing.

     

    Cheers

    James

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.