Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Going to Cayman on Friday

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Going to Cayman on Friday

12 posts
  1. I'm off to Grand Cayman for the second time since Hurricane Ivan on Friday.

     

    I was wondering if any other Wetpixel members will be on the island over Easter (other than Giles & John F, who I know are already there)?

     

    Alex

     

    p.s. To get in the holiday mood: check out this portfolio of stingrays, that won the British Society of Underwater Photographers theme portfolio competition last week. 5 of the pictures were taken in January:

     

    My portfolio

  2. Nope, wish I was going to be there though.

     

    Congrats on the contest. Beautiful shots all around. I really like the mood of the shots and the use of the B&W.

  3. I'll see your Grand Cayman and raise a Ningaloo Reef :D . I'm off thursday for W.A.

     

    Congratulations on a stunning portfolio Alex. You really mined the features of the sand and the effects of light on it. The B/W ray with the round shadow under is my favorite. Have a great time.

     

    Rand

  4. Alex, don't you have a real job? I swear you are off diving somewhere warm more often than i am!

     

    Rand, Ningaloo? Good luck with the whale sharks, should be just a tad better than say Keystone or Edmonds on a sat afternoon?

  5. I'll be on Cayman Aggressor April 2 - 9.

  6. I'll see your Grand Cayman and raise a Ningaloo Reef :D . I'm off thursday for W.A.

     

    You've out trumped me there, Rand. Best of luck with the D2X. Very much looking forward to comparing notes when you are back.

     

    Alex

  7. I'll be here ... i know you said i would be .. well I am .. same number as before .. slightly homeless, got a couch .. I don't believe I am working this weekend so I should be well up for diving .. don't think I'll be vehiclised by then, we'll see.

     

    Giles .. I cayman back

  8. Giles, glad you are back on the air buddy! Alex - maybe you can find your BC while you are down there, eh?

     

    I wish I could join you folks, but this weekend we leave for the Wetpixel Bahamas trip - my first taste of shark diving really, save a few bull sharks in Fiji.

     

    Dang, I even have a 3-day weekend this weekend, so I really COULD pop down for a visit.... ah well.

     

    Have fun.

    James

  9. Giles, glad you are back on the air buddy!  Alex - maybe you can find your BC while you are down there, eh?

     

    I wish I could join you folks, but this weekend we leave for the Wetpixel Bahamas trip - my first taste of shark diving really, save a few bull sharks in Fiji.

     

    Dang, I even have a 3-day weekend this weekend, so I really COULD pop down for a visit.... ah well.

     

    Have fun.

    James

     

     

    Where lots of white and vibrate they will come closer that way. :D

     

    You will be addicted when you return. I go back in June.Ahhhh

  10. Hey Alex theres a rift in the north sound leaking fresh water and making the coral bright red .. Mark used to work at fisheye is maybe going out on his boat to go see it this weekend .. I was thinking it sounded like fun .. you interested ?

  11. Of course! Sounds cool. I photographed the spring outside the Rum Point channel last summer. Cool looking, but not that exciting.

     

    This sounds much cooler. Red stuff more likely to be a macro algae - growing in the the high nutrients in the freshwater coming from the bedrock.

     

    No worries if we can't sort it - as turtle farm would be pretty cool for first Atlantic dives with the D2X.

     

    I'll give you a bell on Friday evening.

     

    Alex

  12. Here are a couple of pix of the spring. Alex

    post-713-1111595381_thumb.jpg

    post-713-1111595491_thumb.jpg

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.