Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Aquatica A995 Tips (add your own)

Started by rstark ·

  • 29Posts
  • 29Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica A995 Tips (add your own)

29 posts
  1. At the surface, probably a bit softer. Of course, at a deeper depth, stiffer (otherwise it would get stuck :blink: )

     

    John

  2. Robert,

     

    Can you go into more detail on how to "make your own" arm system through the modularhose.com website. I have an Olympus housing and would like to spend my $ on strobes, not arms (if possible). :blink:

     

    Thanks,

     

    Brent

  3. Sorry for the delay in respone (I liked how the old forum would email you when you got a response).

     

    I didn't end up making these arms (at least not yet) I have a set of ULCS arms that I use. The reason that I was thinking of going with the locline arms was to reduce underwater weight.

     

    As for making the arms here is what I was (and still might) do.

     

    Get:

    2 sets of 3/4 segments (#61501)

    1 set 3/4 Fixed Mount (# 60533)

    2 sets of Light & Motion Infinity Mount for Sea&Sea Strobes

     

    Just attach those to whatever base you like. I prefer the ULCS base.

  4. Robert,

     

    I ordered what you suggested, along with the ULCS tray and dovetail. Is that what you meant by "base"? or do I need a shoe?

     

    Thanks for your help,

     

    Brent

  5. By base I meant tray, sorry. I don't think you'll need the dovetail. What are you planning to do with it? The 3/4 fixed mount has a 1/4-20 female thread (same threading as a tripod socket on the bottom of a camera). So you can use a stainless steel 1/4-20 bolt with some washers and bolt them directly to the tray. Or better yet, order a handle from ULCS with a 1/4-20 bolt on the top and attach the arm to the top of the handle.

     

    Please post a pic of the setup when you're done.

  6. Well, I got everything I ordered today to make the tray/arm setup for the oly housing. You're right, I have absolutely no idea what to do with the dovetail! I also failed to inform the helix rep that the tray needed to accomodate two strobes (so I can add one later). Everything makes perfect sense now that I can see what I have ordered. Too bad the website didn't have pics of the ulcs parts, I could have saved myself a return shipment. Anyhow, thanks for the help. I will post a picture of the setup when I get done.

  7. I have attached the loc-line tubing to the ULCS nikonos tray with a bolt, wingnut and lockwasher. This is very sturdy with the exception of the fact that it swings/rotates freely at the connection of the tray and loc-line. What can I do to keep it from rotating like a noisemaker?

     

    PLEASE SEE PIC ATTACHED

     

    Thanks,

     

    Brent

  8. To keep it from rotating, find a couple of old O-rings that are about the right size and use them like you would use a washer. They will make it "sticky" and help keep it from rotating.

     

    HTH

    James

  9. Alternatively, pop down the local hardware shop and buy some fibre washers! (You can also buy rubber ones).

     

    Mark H

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.