Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Nothing is constant but change:

Started by Craig Ruaux ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Nothing is constant but change:

7 posts
  1. Well, it seems things are going to be changing for me soon. After 6 years of comfortably ossifying into an office/laboratories in a basement in central Texas, the wife and I are packing up, selling up, and moving to Oregon... As of Sept 1 we'll both be working for Oregon State University at the Veterinary School in Corvallis. My new lab space is gorgeous, open plan with picture windows that look out on the Cascades (SWEEEEET :D:) ).

     

    So, looks like I'd better get my drysuit skills brushed up, I'm going to be spending a lot more time in cold water in the future.

  2. Wow1 That is a big change!

     

    congrats, and welcome to the "dry" lands! :D:)

  3. Congrats and good luck (especially with that drysuit!), Alex

  4. Craig, what are you going to do for brisket, Smoked ribs, mexican food, and the mother of all artery stoppers, chicken fried steak and cream gravy. :D

     

    Beautiful country up in Oregon, only problem is how to prevent mold and mildew from growing on you. It is really damp up in that part of the country..

     

    Enjoy.

  5. Congratulations Craig. I'm sure you and Wendy will love it up there!

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. only problem is how to prevent mold and mildew from growing on you. It is really damp up in that part of the country..

     

     

    I dunno Tony, it is pretty damp and mouldy where I am now... I'll just take the chicken-fried steak and barbeque brisket recipes with me :D

     

    Thanks all for your good wishes. This is why I've been a bit quiet of late (and will be for a couple of months). It's also why I have not been at HUPS meetings James.

  7. Hi Craig,

     

    Just visited your website and saw you images from Joshua Tree in So. Calif.

     

    Funny thing that, I have a 5 acre parcel in a prime location there that is for sale.

     

    I really do have a parcel up there for sale, it was inherited not purchased by me.

     

    I'm told that it is a very hot area and a great sellers market. Interested. :D

     

    If you are interested in not growing mold that would be an ideal location.

     

    Where do you live that is humid now?

     

    Fort Worth is having fantastic weather right now..

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.