Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

The digital revulution is olmost completed

Started by Arnon_Ayal ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

The digital revulution is olmost completed

11 posts
  1. From Seapics - Submission Guidelines:

    More than 95 % of submissions to our clients are now digital, and this number seems to be reaching to the max very soon. We continue to welcome your film submissions for initial review purpose, however, it is now required for you to supply us properly formatted high resolution scans in one of our specs.

    Edited by james
  2. I first became a contributor to Seapics in 2001 and sent them slides for them to dupe as well as scan, then they sent me the scans on cd to edit etc.

    Now all of my work with them is digital and has been since 2002, much easier than sending dupes back and forth

  3. Me, too. Since early last year, everything of mine been submitted digitally. Instead of losing money to scanning and duping charges, I figured my film scanner would pay for itself pretty quickly. However, the ease and low cost of making digital submissions has made the stock business even more difficult, as it is more competitive than ever. Seapics still does take scanned film submissions, as long as they are done to their specs.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  4. To thouse of you with images at Seapix: Do they actually sell much of your shots? What kind of applications have they used your shots for?

     

    From looking at their site, I'd be surprized it they had that many customers.

  5. Good question. I know that you have to have something really good and unique to get sold with them. A garibaldi show won't cut it because they already have those. They want new, fresh inages that show something new that they don't already have.

     

    Joe

  6. You can do a search on mine or Marli's name directly on the site to see what sort of images we have with them.

     

    Seapics has loads of customers, just look at any of the dive mags and you will quite often see seapics.com beside a photographers name. They are actually the largest stock company for marine life images as far as i know.

    William: thats Seapics.com perhaps seapix is a different one? i'll check to see if it is something similar

  7. Just checked, two different things all together.

     

    The one we are talking about is www.seapics.com

    founded by Doug Perrine

  8. We welcome any digital imagery generated by high-end professional digital SLR cameras (6 megapixels or more) with high quality interchangeable lenses. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DIGITAL CAMERA FILES FROM ANY OF THE CONSUMER LEVEL POINT AND SHOOT CAMERAS EVEN IF SUCH CAMERAS PRODUCE CLOSE TO 6MP.

     

    Seems a little close-minded as my Fuji "P&S" produces a very fine 12MP RAW file. I understand where they are coming from in terms of lens quality, but I don't think they've kept up with advances in some of the latest cameras.

     

    I may round up some of my "low-tech" film stuff and try a submission.

     

    Jack

  9. You can do a search on mine or Marli's name directly on the site to see what sort of images we have with them.

     

    Seapics has loads of customers, just look at any of the dive mags and you will quite often see seapics.com beside a photographers name.  They are actually the largest stock company for marine life images as far as i know. 

    William:  thats Seapics.com  perhaps seapix is a different one?  i'll check to see if it is something similar

     

     

    So yes, they do have many customers. I'm definatly going to have to submit some shots then.

     

    When I looked at the site before I did 2 searches and came up with very little.

     

    They have only 2 photos of Pseudochromis sp.

    Only 4 photos of melanopus Clowns

     

    Before I took it as, they must not have many customers if they are that lacking in thouse areas. (I didnt search for anything else, just did a search for your shots, they are quite nice.) But now I'll just look at it a gap I could fill.

     

    Just checked, two different things all together.

     

    The one we are talking about is www.seapics.com

    founded by Doug Perrine

     

     

    Yes I mis-spelled it in my previous post. www.seapics.com is the site I was looking at.

  10. Seems a little close-minded as my Fuji "P&S" produces a very fine 12MP RAW file. I understand where they are coming from in terms of lens quality, but I don't think they've kept up with advances in some of the latest cameras.

     

    I may round up some of my "low-tech" film stuff and try a submission.

     

    Jack

     

     

    If you think the images coming from your P&S are up to par, why dont you just strip the EXIF data. They have no way of knowing what camera you used. And they shouldnt care so long as they agree that the quality is sufficient.

  11. Just keep in mind guys that the minimum amount of photos for an initial submission is 200.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.