Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

(james the land owner, etc. -- off topic)

Started by MikeVeitch ·

  • 20Posts
  • 20Replies

Read-only discussion

(james the land owner, etc. -- off topic)

20 posts
  1. mike

  2. Mike, there is a button, on the top right of each post, that for "report" ing it to the moderators.

  3. Hi Guys,

     

    Sorry I've been offline. Moved into my new house this weekend (yeah!!!) and havent' gotten the DSL switched over yet.

     

    I zapped it - poof, gone! Hopefully he won't be back.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Moved into my new house this weekend (yeah!!!) and havent' gotten the DSL switched over yet.

     

     

     

    But you've only just bought that place in Houston, right??? Incipient weight of family-man responsibilities catching up eh? :)

     

    Seriously: Have you sold that little place you had inside the 610?

  5. Hi Craig,

     

    This is my first house - I finally knuckled under after years of saying "I'm only going to live in Texas a little longer." You know the feeling...

     

    Before moving:

     

    KN0X8307.jpg

     

    painted4_05_0020.jpg

     

    Cheers

    James

    Edited by james
  6. Looks like a good place for a party :)

     

    btw, the refinished floors and new paint look great....enjoy :)

     

    Karl

  7. Thanks Karl! It's not quite so empty now, but still plenty of room for a party.

     

    Cheers

    James

  8. cool can't wait for the invite then ... fancy dress .. with some karaoke ?

  9. You're welcome any time Giles - but you've gotta return the favor when I want to come down there...:-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  10. favour returned as soon as i find a house !

  11. hey james! which part of houston? i just moved to houston from miami (work reasons).... believe me i would rather be still in miami...

  12. Hi Nitteo,

     

    I'm in the Houston Heights - it's a pretty cool part of town - a historic district w/ lots of old craftsman bungalows, etc. If you're in Houston, you should go to the Houston Underwater Photos Society meeting tonight.

     

    www.hups.org

     

    Cheers

    James

  13. I'll be at the HUPS meeting tonight as well. I'm looking forward to meeting James and any other wetpixel folks local to the area. Get enough of us Houston folks and we'd almost have our own little enclave! :)

     

    Ken

  14. man, i wish i knew about it earlier...

    im still gonna try to make it, i live in the river oaks area (by allen parkway) so i will be WITH traffic if i can go tonight, until what time is the meeting to anyway?

  15. 7-9 PM

     

    Cheers

    James

  16. very nice house James, congrats on being a land owner! do you have a dedicated "wet" room for all your gear yet?

     

    Marty.

  17. Congrats James.

     

    I too live in the Heights but in my city it is the newest area and not historic. We built 2 years ago and my home now looks like the servants quarters compared to a few on the street that have elevators in their homes. :) I guess I should spend less on camera gear and travel.... :) LOL

     

    Looking forward to the house warming shaker in the future. :)

    Edited by yahsemtough
  18. Hey i like the title change, was wondering why it had so many hits before.

     

    So, i also own a house...for my camera...thats about it

  19. If all y'all (that's multiple y'alls for folks outside of Texas) are around for Seaspace this year (June 4-5) you're welcome to drop me a line.

     

    Cheers

    James

  20. James,

     

    You volunteering for a Wetpixel party? :blink:

     

    --Ken

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.