Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Depp response time for new policies

Started by danschmitt ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Depp response time for new policies

13 posts
  1. Anybody know what the normal Depp response time is to approve a new policy? I've sent email, faxed (last week) and phoned (today) and have only gotten a message machine.

     

    Dan

  2. I've have been trying to add items to my existing policy for the last two weeks. I have not been able to reach anybody. My voice message has not been replied to and the fax number is always busy. I don't know what's up with DEPP recently. Perhaps the contact person is on vacation and the fax machine is broken.

     

    -Brad

  3. The fax machine answered for me Thursday 4/28 (don't remember the time.)

     

    I really don't want to get in the water without insurance, but having the new

    camera and housing sitting here as I go diving is killing me. :) For now the

    20d is just the surface camera, and I'll make do with the S500 underwater.

     

    Dan

  4. I flooded my 20D and shipped it, the 100 mm macro lens, and the Subal C20 housing to Subaquatic. Subaquatic declared the camera and lens dead and notified DEPP on 4/21. Just today I received an email from Sandy at DEPP stating she's going to be out of the office until Tuesday and will order my camera and lens when she gets back. ETA for camera and lens is end of next week (assuming 5/16, that's four weeks later!). The housing has been repaired by Subaquatic and will actually get to me before the camera does. They are a bit tough to get a hold of.

     

    .mike

  5. Wow, makes me glad I went with DAN for my camera insurance. I flooded my camera on a Saturday, Sent email on Tuesday, By Thursday they had A check in the mail.

  6. William - how did you manage to get DAN, I didn't think they covered non-US residents?? :) :)

    Edited by anthp
  7. Because I am a US citizen and have a US address. Officially I am just on a really long vacacion.....

  8. Ahaah, easy if you got the right bit of paper eh? :)

  9. sorry to change the subject, but any hints from Subaquatic as to the cause of the flood? I've got about 100 dives on my C10 and have never had a drop of water in it and have seen numerous positive reports on here about Subals in general.

     

    I'm just trying to see if the cause of the flood is something that should be added to my assembly checklist in the future.

     

    thx.

     

    I flooded my 20D and shipped it, the 100 mm macro lens, and the Subal C20 housing to Subaquatic.  Subaquatic declared the camera and lens dead and notified DEPP on 4/21.  Just today I received an email from Sandy at DEPP stating she's going to be out of the office until Tuesday and will order my camera and lens when she gets back.  ETA for camera and lens is end of next week (assuming 5/16, that's four weeks later!).  The housing has been repaired by Subaquatic and will actually get to me before the camera does.  They are a bit tough to get a hold of.

     

    .mike

  10. User error. I put the port on after inserting the camera and lens because the 100 mm macro lens tends to get its AF/MF and focus limiter switches hit when I slide it in with the port already on. Apparently I botched the port assembly. Next time, I'm putting tape over the AF/MF and focus limiter switches and make sure the port is water-tight prior to inserting camera + lens.

     

    *bangs head against brick wall*

     

     

    sorry to change the subject, but any hints from Subaquatic as to the cause of the flood? I've got about 100 dives on my C10 and have never had a drop of water in it and have seen numerous positive reports on here about Subals in general.

     

    I'm just trying to see if the cause of the flood is something that should be added to my assembly checklist in the future.

     

    thx.

  11. Correction on cause of flood:

     

    I just got the housing back from SubAquatic. Apparently, the focus knob suffered some sort of impact that bent the shaft that connects to it. They suspect that's where the flood occurred. So, it must have happened between when I handed the camera to one of the boat operators and when they handed the camera to me after I got in the water.

     

    .mike

     

    User error.  I put the port on after inserting the camera and lens because the 100 mm macro lens tends to get its AF/MF and focus limiter switches hit when I slide it in with the port already on.  Apparently I botched the port assembly.  Next time, I'm putting tape over the AF/MF and focus limiter switches and make sure the port is water-tight prior to inserting camera + lens.

     

    *bangs head against brick wall*

  12. Thanks Mike.

    It looks like there is nothing you could have done to prevent this type of flood.

    I'll keep an eye on my focus knob nonetheless.

     

    What camera were you using Saturday on your trip with Kawika and Clinton? Did you have your 20D back together by then? Too bad the Fringehead was not more cooperative. He had interesting coloration.

     

    -Brad

  13. I was using my old faithful last weekend... Canon S50 :blink:

    DEPP set expectations that I will receive my 20D either today or tomorrow... I hope to get wet with it on Sunday :)

     

    .mike

     

    Thanks Mike.

    It looks like there is nothing you could have done to prevent this type of flood.

    I'll keep an eye on my focus knob nonetheless.

     

    What camera were you using Saturday on your trip with Kawika and Clinton? Did you have your 20D back together by then? Too bad the Fringehead was not more cooperative. He had interesting coloration.

     

    -Brad

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.