Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Philippine Slide Show

Started by Stewart L. Sy ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Philippine Slide Show

22 posts
  1. Hi Folks,

     

    For those interested in what the Philippines can offer in terms of diving and for the underwater photographer, you can download self executing (.EXE) slide show from my website

     

    Philippine Slide Show

     

    It's about 23MB, take about 2 mins on a DSL/Cable connection.

     

    Hope you folks like it.

     

    Stu

  2. Stu,

    Excellent slideshow. I knew the photography would be good but you did a great job with Proshow as well. I've used Proshow in the past but I've never taken it beyond the basics. You've taken it to an entirely different level.

     

    King Maro.....I love those guys. I can't wait to get back there again.

     

    Larry

  3. Nice work.

     

    YOu know what they say about the seaweed on the other side of the fence? Works on me. Where do I sign up...... :blink:

  4. Hi Larry!

     

    Thanks! If you wanna go back in 06' let me know.

     

    William, the PI is some of the best diving anywhere. =)

     

    Stu

  5. Excellent......thanks for posting

     

    Karl

  6. Stu:

     

    Outstanding slide show!!! Really makes me want to get on the next plane to the Phillipines! Thank you for sharing it with us.

     

    Doug

  7. Awesome. Looks like a great trip.

     

    I guess the only thing missing is a picture or two of a mermaid! :blink:

  8. Wow, great photos and a great presentation.

     

    Love the laughs too! :blink::huh:

  9. Really very nice!

    Good job.

    You have a nice collection of Philippines.

    Long trip? Where do you go?

  10. Hi Fras,

     

    I've been going to the Philippines for over 8 years, grew up there then moved to Canada. The majority of images were taken on my last 2 trips (digital) with the Thresher Shark taken in 2001 and Tubbataha in 2002. The images are from Tubbataha Reef, Anilao, Puerto Galera and Malapascua....4 trips in total.

     

    Stu

  11. Hi Stu,

    do you have a link to your pictures for mac users?

    Can't do anything with the exe-file!?

     

    Update from PI:

    Manila first rain, Mindanao rain since a couple of days...

    so diving next season then... :blink:

     

    Cheers from Manila

    Torben

  12. Hi Torben,

     

    Hah! Got it!

     

    Slide show

     

     

    I hear it's a scorcher in Manila right now, won't be back there till next year.

     

    Stu

    Edited by scubastu
  13. Damn it. Still can't get it to run on my Mac! I want to see these pictures!!

    Alex

  14. Hi Alex,

     

    I was uploading the show and it apparently stopped, that could be the problem, I'm reloading it now.

     

    I do know you'll need to download the Photodex software from their site. Don't you have some form of Windows emulator like Virtual PC or something to view the .EXE file?

     

    Stu

     

    p.s. just tried with a friend's Mac, doesn't look like it works unless you're running Virtual PC. sorry!

    Edited by scubastu
  15. couldn't get it to work on the mac too,

    hooked up the IBM Notebook of my wife to the web...

    looks great!

     

    Cheers from Manila

    Torben

  16. Wow!!!!! The presentation is simply excelent!!!! You have done a great job here, wtih beautiful scenes carefully selected and presented in this slideshow, congratulations!!!! :blink:

     

    Macros, fishes, wide angles....and sunsets! all so colorfull, perfect pics, I'm amazed!!!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful job with us!

  17. Hi Everyone

     

    Thanks for the great comments. Once again, my apologies to the Mac users as the software I'm using (Photodex Pro Show Gold) doesn't support the Mac format. The only way is to use Virtual PC or other Windows emulator.

     

    The Philippines has got to be one of the most maligned and underappreciated dive destinations anywhere. I know from talking to a few top uw photographers that the Philippines is now becoming (or already has become) their favorite dive destination.

     

    For those who'd like more info about diving there, please drop me a line. I have no commercial affiliation with any of the resorts/operators there, I'm simply a fan of the area. :blink:

     

    Stu

  18. Good show Stu! love the nudist serie :blink: You know what they say wish I was there....

     

    Cheers

  19. very nice

    Going to philippinnes next week for 6 month diving in the Peurto galera and sabang area :blink:

  20. Danne,

     

    I'm VERY envious! Puerto Galera is my 2nd home, but I won't be there till next year.

     

    If you're looking for the best food in the area, bar none, have dinner at Scubaplus in Small La Laguna.

     

    Stu

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.