Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Somebody know this guy ?

Started by el buzo ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Somebody know this guy ?

11 posts
  1. I took this 2:1 pic during a night dive at Turks & Caicos 90 ft. deep.

     

    Which specimen of shrimp is this ?

     

    El buzo

    post-4584-1118036490_thumb.jpg

  2. I dont know what it is, but it is really cool. When I get back to the caribbean i'm going to keep an eye out for him.

  3. Looks like Pseudopontonides principis which is only found on sea whips in the Caribbean. Great photo!

  4. I dont know what it is, but it is really cool.  When I get back to the caribbean i'm going to keep an eye out for him.

     

    William william william william......how are you ever going to go back to the Caribbean after so long in the GBR/Coral Sea?! :D

     

    Tis a nice capture, cool looking shrimp

  5. Mike, I dont know how i'm going to cope with it, but like it or not, I AM going back on the 20th of this month.

  6. Perhaps we can find you a nice little Aussie girl to marry?! :D

  7. That was one of my goals for while I was here. Unfortunately my American fiancee didnt think it that great of an idea when I told her about it. :D

    Edited by acroporas
  8. That was one of my goals for while I was here.  Unfortunately my American fiancee didnt think it that great of an idea when I told her about it. :D

    Women! Who can understand them? :D

  9. Thanks Leslie

     

    I saw some pics on the web of the Pseudopontonides principis and the body looks the same . Seems that they are capable of making dramatic changes in coloration.

     

    I remember that this particular one was almost fluorescent .

     

    El buzo

  10. Pseudopontonides principis is on pp. 180-181 in Humann's Florida/Caribbean/Bahamas "Reef Creature Identification," 2nd Edition. Looks like a good match.

    Edited by jimbo1946
  11. Nice find and a beautiful photograph

     

    Karl

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.