Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Does anyone know what kind of fish this is?

Started by bondo ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Does anyone know what kind of fish this is?

3 posts
  1. Hello, I'm hoping that someone can help me with the name of these fish. I took the photo in the Raja Ampat Islands of Indonesia this spring.

    Thank you for the help.

     

    Mike

     

    whats.jpg

  2. I think they are cardnalfish.

     

    (edit)

     

    Nope, I was wrong. They are Golden Sweeper. Parapriacanthus ransonneti

    Edited by acroporas
  3. They are Golden Sweeper. Parapriacanthus ransonneti

     

    My book says they are Pygmy sweepers (but the species is the same), that's why I don't really like common names, every author has its own.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.