Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Hello! New here - please treat me gently!

Started by Jim Breakell ·

  • 25Posts
  • 25Replies

Read-only discussion

Hello! New here - please treat me gently!

25 posts
  1. New on the Wetpixel Forums, though I do know a few people on here, including the Shamelessly Self-Promoting (his words) John Bantin.

     

    I've been diving for 25 years, been doing still photography for about 15 years, but only just invested ina decent digital SLR & housing. Images from the trip I just finished are here: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...&f=109&t=187147

     

    Still learning this non TTL malarky, makes taking pictures much harder! :)

     

    Anyway, hello everyone!

     

    Jim

  2. Hi Jim and welcome to Wetpixel.

     

    Cheers

    James Wiseman

  3. Welcome onboard.

    Usually we welcome fresh ones with tar & feather but you have there really nice shots so we'll skip it this time only. :)

  4. Thanks guys!

     

    Not too unsatisfied with the shots Arnon, particularly considering the aperture gear on my brand new housing jammed after the 3rd dive, and I basically had to decide what f-stop I would use for the entire dive and then stick with it!

  5. Watch out guys, ol Jim can be a tad dangerous, if you think i am sarcastic...wait for Jim from a nice suburb of Seattle, Washington State

  6. Watch out guys, ol Jim can be a tad dangerous, if you think i am sarcastic...wait for Jim from a nice suburb of Seattle, Washington State

    Mike? Mike? Is that YOU? :) You've learnt to write English! :) I knew you were learning to speak it when you were in Tahiti, but I didn't know that you could write it also! Well done! Hey, I hope you don't speak it with an, ahem, American accent! :)

     

    BTW, I got your PM and have sent you an email.

     

    Au resevoir for now, mon ami!

  7. Ya see what i mean folks?

     

    Now i have to beat him with my "Aluminium" housing....:)

    And don't make me correct your merde French as well!

  8. Oh, the irony of it all!

     

    Irony? What's irony?

     

    It's something with lots of iron in it...

  9. And while I am here, what exactly is wrong with my merde French?

    Au meaning to

    Resevoir meaning a large body of water

     

    Translation: See you down the duck pond

  10. I really am surprised Mike has not pulled the Scottish ancestor stuff yet. You have to hand it to the Canadians: they live next to the USA and take all the benefits but once the merde hits the ventilateur they put up their hands and say, Bush? He is nothing to do with us!

     

    By the way Jim, (I have always known him as Dangerous Jim and if you have passed through US Immigration with him you would know why), some of these guys who post here come from the colonies so may be a bit rough round the edges and not yet ready for your ironic (nothing to do with steel) humour!

     

    Is there anyone left I can offend? Please post!

     

    By the way, Jim asked me what he should ask for his old film kit. I said put it out for the garbage and stop bothering those who work for a living!

    Edited by John Bantin
  11. Me: For such a fabulous post, I award you the Ironic Cross.

    Bantin: Yeah, whatever...

     

    Oh, BTW, I am no longer dangerous when I pass through US immigration. Have you not seen their new pledge?

    "We pledge to be courteous and affable when dealing with potential terrorists, we mean tourists, entering the US of A."

    "Oh yeah? Well stop looking at your keyboard when you're talking to me then."

     

    I did use my old perennial Me/US Immigration Official response though, John.

     

    "What is the purpose of your vist to Los Angeles today, James?"

    "To go to Honolulu."

    "And what is the purpose of your vist to Honolulu today, James?"

    "To get to the Marshall Islands. Now let me pass!"

    Edited by Jim Breakell
  12. John, I can't remember if I told you, and if I did, this is for the benefit of kdietz & markprior and anyone else lurking! Hi Guys! :)

     

    There is now an American lawyer based in Guam who IS under the impression that haggis are small hairy animals that live in the Scottish Highlands.

     

    You see, they may have won the War of Independence, but they just don't know a good gag when it hits them in the face (or comes charging down the glen with 2 legs shorter than the others!)

  13. Hold it John, what do you mean work for a living? Last time i checked neither one of you had to pay for a diving holiday!!

     

    Speaking of Bush, perhaps your man Blair (of the Dog and Pony show) can give us some tips on getting on well with ol Dubya?

     

    And what's wrong with you pommies anyway? Irons are for pressing your clothes, sarcasm is for speaking (and writing of course)!

     

    Doesn't this board have something to do with diving??

  14. You are right of course Mike. More about photography:

     

    One of my fondest memories of Bikini Atoll was vomitting my breakfast during a slow ascent and turning to see young JB swimming through it. By the way I thought that some of my surface shots had come out rather red but then I realised young JB was the subject!

     

    How's that?

  15. Ahhh taking the piss out of the Ginger haired....i love it!

  16. Ah yes, Mike, but what OLD JB does not know is that the reason he vomiting up his breakfast up is cos I crapped in his All Bran! :):)

     

    Anyway, I may be a ginger, but at least I don't have a sunken chest, right Fogey JB?

     

    Anyway, onto photography. Dijjer see today's page 3 model in The Sun, JB?

     

    Will that do?

     

    Have a nice weekend guys! If I get the opportunity I will post from home, but I have torn all the ligaments in me right food and have been told to elevate my foot for 48 hours and only ghet up for a wee.

     

    Were's my beer, wench?!

     

    See ya!

    JB Jr

  17. An explanation for those bemused. Now that Jim is losing some of that puppy fat (well done Jim) he will start to notice some definition in his muscles (when he gets some). Therefore he will start to notice an indent between the pectoral muscles on his chest. Jim is a very large and loud character but thankfully nature has its way of compensating. His flaming red complexion makes his approach easy to spot! You may regret that he has discovered this site. Alas nature also gave him unlimited cash resources so you might well meet him in some far flung place. He has been posting on www.pistonheads up to now in the mistaken belied it was pissed-on-heads.

  18. An explanation for those bemused. Now that Jim is losing some of that puppy fat (well done Jim) he will start to notice some definition in his muscles (when he gets some). Therefore he will start to notice an indent between the pectoral muscles on his chest. Jim is a very large and loud character but thankfully nature has its way of compensating. His flaming red complexion makes his approach easy to spot! You may regret that he has discovered this site.  Alas nature also gave him unlimited cash resources so you might well meet him in some far flung place. He has been posting on www.pistonheads up to now in the mistaken belied it was pissed-on-heads.

    Oh you're good, very good! :)

     

    And I do not have a flaming red complexion. I have you know that I avoid the sun as best as possible, so am a sort of old rice pudding colour. With strwaberry blond hair.

     

    Anyway, at least when I grow a beard I don't like like a 14 year old boy's scrotum. :)

     

    And I certainly do not have unlimited cash resources. My wife's Barclaycard bills are legendary...

  19. WARNING: Avoid this man!

     

    (Mike: You may not recognise him.Uncharacteristically, he has got his mouth shut!)

    post-4197-1119722137_thumb.jpg

    Edited by John Bantin
  20. My God, it's a stranded sperm whale. Where are Greenpeace when you need them?

     

    Yes, I did have my mouth shut, Mike, but you see, I had been on Bikini Atoll with JB Sr for a week, he had his todger out and was calling me his "Beyitch". I was concerned what he might do with his aforementioned todger.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.