Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Camera selection/Heinrichs TTL converter

Started by rwe ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Camera selection/Heinrichs TTL converter

5 posts
  1. My nikonos V just died and I am looking at replacing with a digital. I do not have money to go to housed SLR so was considering getting an Olympus C-8080 and either an Olympus or Ikelite housing. I have a Nikonos 105 strobe with ~ 20 dives and an Aquaflash II strobe that has never been wet (Helix sent me replacement when I sent to have capacitors replaced). I would like to continue using one of my strobes to keep my costs down. Is the heinrichs TTL converter unit ( http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/blitz/indexe.htm) for my SB-105 my best option? Or should I be considering other cameras and options? Does anyone have experience with the C-8080 or the TTL converter unit? Thanks,

  2. Hallo Brine: I´d rather choose the 7070 with the pt 27 housing and Heinrichs converter for the 105

  3. The SB-105 is not one of the fast strobes but as far as I know it is just fast enough (pre- and mainflash within a short time) for Olympus TTL (something around 100ms). But I have never used an Olympus wired TTL system.

     

    regards,

     

    Julian

  4. According to this link the new OLY-TTL-PT can work with the SB 105

  5. According to this link the new OLY-TTL-PT can work with the SB 105

     

    But this page says that to use the SB-105 requires "special wiring".

     

    But even so this is exciting news, this is the first I've heard of an SB-105 being used with a TTL system. In reading it's also great to see that no internal flash is required to achieve Olympus TTL. I've got to get my hands on one of these and do some testing!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.