Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Mr Mustard speaking again!

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Mr Mustard speaking again!

10 posts
  1. On Wednesday evening (20th July) I am speaking again in London. I am giving my Shooting For Digital talk at a meeting of the British Society of Underwater Photographers.

     

    The meetings are for members of the society, but anyone is welcome to come along for free and catch a meeting to see if the society is their thing! Which I hope it is (please come and say hello to me if you do). The meeting is at 8pm the Holland Club at Imperial College, London (you can park in the area for free after 6.30pm. There are directions on the BSOUP Website.

     

    My Shooting For Digital talk is constantly evolving but basically covers the ways in which we can evolve our techniques to take advantage of the new technology of digital and produce types of images we have never been able to before. If you are in the area come along :) !

     

    The talk covers working with models, creative macro, long exposures, shooting for post processing (composites and panoramas), high risk shooting, sunbursts, adjustable white balance and filters, raw conversion and telephoto photography. Its about an hour long if I go at my normal breakneck speed :D !

     

    For those who have seen it before, the key message of the talk is still the same, but many of the examples have changed. It is also the first chance to see many of the Art Of Diving pictures I've shot this year, but have not been allowed to share on mr internet.

     

    Alex

  2. Here is the offical line on the evenings events - which I post for information and personal ego massage!

     

    MAIN EVENT - ALEX MUSTARD on SHOOTING FOR DIGITAL

    Alex is one of our most popular speakers - innovative, inspiring and

    engaging Alex brings a digital expertise and creative approach to BSoUP that

    always leaves the audience buzzing.

     

    With digital photography, apertures are still apertures and shutter speeds

    are still shutter speeds. Alex avers it is possible to take exactly the

    same sort of pictures on digital as on film. However, he also passionately

    believes that simply reproducing film images completely misses the most

    exciting digital developments. For the underwater photographer, the new

    technology empowers us to evolve our techniques and create types of images

    we have never been able to before. Alex's talk, 'Shooting for Digital',

    explains how to achieve this.

     

    Describing the technical features of digital cameras, Alex also explains how

    we can develop our techniques to exploit these features and extend the

    boundaries of what we can achieve as underwater photographers. He will also

    cover both positives and negatives of digital cameras and his talk is

    stacked full of practical tips on how to get the most out of digital.

  3. which I post for information and personal ego massage!

     

    always leaves the audience buzzing.

     

    Oh my .... is the scientist spending too much time with people like me .. and it's rubbing off !!

     

    Good job on the Main Event Alex ... I can see it now on Friday night out ... ' hey ladies ... welcome to the main event ... me ... mr alexander mustard !'

  4. You should take your talks on the road so non pommies can hear them as well :D

     

     

    Congrats

    Mike

  5. That's DOCTOR Alexander Mustard - Giles, geeze! LOL

     

    Cheers

    James

     

    PS, Sarah and I were looking through a dive magazine at the shop the other day and saw that Cayman advert - very cool!

  6. Thank you, James. I am always a Doctor on a Friday night (we can be trusted, you know)!

     

    I never get to see the Cayman adverts because they are in the US magazines that I don't see over here. James, was it the one with Giles in?

     

    I usually give talks on my travels, Mike. Maybe I will be able to make it to the Pacific next year?

     

    Alex

  7. I've finished updating the talk - and there are 40 new images (about 1/2 the images) that I have not showed in this talk before!

     

    So even if you have seen it before - come along.

     

    Alex

  8. Yep, it's the shot of Giles in the cavern with the silver fish around him.

     

    Cheers

    James

  9. What, still no webcast!!! :D

  10. Yep, it's the shot of Giles in the cavern with the silver fish around him.

    tut tut of Giles in a Cavern with silver fish ..

     

    you mean Yes it's of Caymans newest supermodel Giles in the awesome Devils Grotto with Caymans legendary summer silversides around him in the original Mecca for diving Grand Cayman ... where everyone should come and dive and party !!

     

    ps Giles is available for both diving and partying but is more readily available for partying. ... thats right come to Cayman and Party with Caymans newest Poster boy !!

     

    lol ... couldn't resist .. thanks Alex .. now I just sit back and wait for the chicks to come swarming right ? Maybe I need a copy to carry around with me ... and show off strategically !

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.