Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

ScubaPro Twin Jet

Started by dawktah ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

ScubaPro Twin Jet

4 posts
  1. Hello!

     

    I have the blue ScubaPro Twin Jet fins. Anybody know how much weight to add to ankles to make feet more neutral in salt water? I find my feet rising a little too much when trying to stay in a vertical position. Its barely noticeable when horizontal. I'm exerting energy trying to keep them down and wasting air. Most of my body weight is centered around my waist. :D

     

    Unfortunately, the lightest weight I have found is 1.5 lbs. which might be too much. Looking to have better control over my buoyancy. Now I wish I had bought the black ones. Any other suggestions?

     

    --Chris

    Edited by dawktah
  2. Hey Chris

     

    The blue ones sure must be different to my black, open heel ones - which are a major cause of my over-weight dive bag!

     

    Ankle weights I have seen are generally either 1.5lbs or 1 kg. I doubt that they would be too heavy for you. Borrow a pair from a friend maybe to try them out?

  3. I think these are the same fins I have and I was told the different colors (black, blue or yellow) are weighted differently...

     

    M.

  4. The blue ones sure must be different to my black, open heel ones - which are a major cause of my over-weight dive bag!

     

    Scubapro don't import the Twin Jet foot fins into the UK. You're righ, Tim - the foot fins are much lighter.

     

    Alex

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.