In the last few weeks I have taken my Stingray 2 housing out on some deeper dives, and I am getting serious fog at greater depths beyond the dramatic thermoclines we have up here in NE.
It takes the camera a good 10 minutes to equalize, and I just don't have that kind of time. Regardless of the amount of moisture munchers I throw in there, I'm having this problem.
Any suggestions?
In the last few weeks I have taken my Stingray 2 housing out on some deeper dives, and I am getting serious fog at greater depths beyond the dramatic thermoclines we have up here in NE.
It takes the camera a good 10 minutes to equalize, and I just don't have that kind of time. Regardless of the amount of moisture munchers I throw in there, I'm having this problem.
Moisture munchers don't actually work so fast that they would help in rapid temp/rel.moisture% chances. There are some things you might try.
1. Warming up the housing (something to think about?)
2. Get dryer air in the housing (closing the housing in dryer/cooler place)
3. Give more time for the moisture munchers (close them in long before the dive, and keep the housing in cool place)
an old trick that worked for me is blowing hot air using a hair dryer into the housing for a while & right before closing it. the idea is to ensure that the air in the housing is dry & has minimal moisture.
ps ask the wife first before borrowing the hair dryer.
an old trick that worked for me is blowing hot air using a hair dryer into the housing for a while & right before closing it. the idea is to ensure that the air in the housing is dry & has minimal moisture.
ps ask the wife first before borrowing the hair dryer.
A hair dryer does not dry the air. If anything it would make the air more wet. You want to put cold air in the housing.
Assembling the housing in an air conditioned room is best. If you must open the housing on the boat, air from a scuba tank is very dry.
air conditioners dehumidify, they remove moisture from the air....that is why they leak water.....
A few things that I've tried and works well.
Fog-X from the makers of rain-x. All you need to do is put a few drops on the inside, wipe and buff clear.
Before closing the housing, a few good puffs of compressed air from cans. Nitrogen (which is in most air blast) displaces the moist ocean air with dry nitrogen.
Large desicant packs. I usually save it from when eatting packs of seaweed. I stuff the housing with as much as I can. Just heat them up in the oven and then put into ziplock bags. Only open when ready to use.