Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

LIL-Goby?

Started by laz217 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

LIL-Goby?

6 posts
  1. Can anyone give me an ID of this little guy? I can't seem to find him in my books. Probably some juvenile form of a common goby (considering his tiny size)..

     

    post-13-1125278037_thumb.jpg

  2. What about Masked/Glass Goby (Coryphopterus personatus/hyalinus)? (Humann (p250))

     

    Ive never seen on perched on a coral like that but maby that's where juviniles hang out.

  3. Thanks, William. I must have missed that page when going through the book. It certainly resembles the masked/glass goby and the description matches.

     

    I hope you fared okay through Katrina. Her timing was impeccable... During the weekend of the coral spawning in the Keys. Needless to say all the dive operators I called cancelled their trips even for tonight. You'd think they let a couple of ripples in the tub hinder them from getting out to the shallow reefs. :) If I would have known it would turn out this way I would have begun to inflate my Sears two-man raft earlier in the week to get out there.. That's two years in a row that the weather ruins my opportunity to catch the spawning.

  4. Well, that makes it 2 years in a row my chances of seeing the spawing were ruined by ignorance before the weather had a chance to...

  5. LOL! Just remember... 7-10 days after the full moon in August at around 10-10:30pm seems to be the magical time for the star coral party.

  6. Needless to say all the dive operators I called cancelled their trips even for tonight. You'd think they let a couple of ripples in the tub hinder them from getting out to the shallow reefs. :) If I would have known it would turn out this way I would have begun to inflate my Sears two-man raft earlier in the week to get out there.

     

    I tryed that last year (well not an inflatable) when I got fed up with week after week all the dive operators not going out because of the weather.

     

    Turned out that I wasnt missing much. The 10 ft vis ruined any hope of WA and the heavy surge made macro impossible.

     

    LOL! Just remember... 7-10 days after the full moon in August at around 10-10:30pm seems to be the magical time for the star coral party.

     

    I will try to remember but It is unlikely that I'll still be here next August.

    Edited by acroporas

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.