Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Images from Last week

Started by Ron Boyes ·

  • 32Posts
  • 32Replies

Read-only discussion

Images from Last week

32 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    I hope you enjoy these images - several hundred more to look at and process - keeps me home at nights:)

     

    http://homepage.mac.com/imagesdownunder

     

    regards

    ron

  2. You got THE shot! A Bluering Octopus with eggs!!! That is awesome. Great pygmy shot too. Looks to have been an amazing trip. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your images. Thanks for sharing.

  3. Very nice, I love the bluering octopus with the egg as well.

  4. Very nice stuff. The hairy frogfish doing the yawn is also very cool. Makes me almost want to go back to Lembeh... oh wait I am going back LOL

  5. All the images you posted are excelent. I wish I could compliment another shot since the ocotopus shot has allready got 2 posts but I just cant not mention that octopus. It is so cool. You can even see the baby's eyes through the eggs.

  6. Beautiful shots. Love the Anenome fish and the baby benggai cardinal fish.

  7. Very nice. Like a few other people said, the bluering with the eggs is awesome. I've six weeks until I hit Lembeh for the first time. Thanks for the tease.

  8. Very nice.  Like a few other people said, the bluering with the eggs is awesome.  I've six weeks until I hit Lembeh for the first time.  Thanks for the tease.

     

    Leave the 10.5 at home unless you are going elsewhere and make sure you have a dioptre for the 105 you will need it.

    have a great trip.

    regards

    ron

     

    ps

    All my images were taken with a D2X and 70-180mm Zoom and using a wetlens when required.

  9. Good stuff Ron, i am partial to the yawning frogs myself....

  10. I hope the bluering egg is not hatched yet. I will be there in 9 days :)

  11. I like the Ambon Scorp, first up. Just a lovely clean, well lit, critter shot.

  12. Wow.....some of the best I've seen.

  13. Wow, a pygmy seahorse photo where the seafan polyps are still out - good stuff!

     

    Cheers

    James

  14. I hope the bluering egg is not hatched yet. I will be there in 9 days :)

    If I remember correctly, the octopus incubation period is about 50 days... you have a good chance... get some 10:1 of the eggs! Khaw hoi chok dee!

    Edited by scubadru
  15. Excellent work. Very nice Blue ring. I was there a few weeks ago when they were mating. Now all you need is them hatching. :)

     

    Joe

  16. I think Rod Klein has a photo of the same Octo w/ eggs - just posted on his site w/ his new Lembeh photos.

     

    Cheers

    James

  17. I think Rod Klein has a photo of the same Octo w/ eggs - just posted on his site w/ his new Lembeh photos. 

     

    Cheers

    James

     

    He does, we were on the same dive. I like diving with him, he is very considerate of us amatuers.

    I would recommend is digital workshop to anyone wishing to improve there images.

     

    regards

    ron

  18. Fantastic shots.

     

    I see you like the graphite background in homepage as well.

  19. I like Rod Klein's photography. Even in Lembeh he still manages to produce original shots. Alex

  20. I like Rod Klein's photography. Even in Lembeh he still manages to produce original shots. Alex

     

     

    Ahhh good ol Rod...

    I remember when he didn't know a Nik V from the strobe!!!! He was all about video back in the day....then comes Digital.

     

    And look at him now! I will certainly take credit for getting him off the video crutch and into the world of stills, lets just say i inspired him..(or gave him a lot of crap for using a video camera and not knowing what an fstop is)

    :):);)

     

    Rod, i hope you read this....looking forward to an interesting reply in my inbox...:)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.