Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

D2x+105mm+2xTC+Woody's diopter

Started by randapex ·

  • 64Posts
  • 64Replies

Read-only discussion

D2x+105mm+2xTC+Woody's diopter

64 posts
  1. I've learned quite a bit from this thread. Guess my dilema is still the trade off between diffraction vs DOF.

    Shooting at f20-f25 with the 2x still wasn't giving me much DOF, so f11? Guess I'll find out in Hardy. One more:

     

    f25 @ 1/30

     

    tiffDSC_5690_blennie700.jpg

    Edited by randapex
  2. I never crop.

     

    ;)

     

    This is 1.4x TC, Canon 500d diopter, Sigma 150. I got some that are tighter w/ the nexus wet lens, but not as sharp.

     

    This combination DOES translate the actual f-stop back to the camera, for further confusion.

  3. I've learned quite a bit from this thread. Guess my dilema is still the trade off between diffraction vs DOF.

    Shooting at f20-f25 with the 2x still wasn't  giving me much DOF, so f11? Guess I'll find out in Hardy. One more:

     

    f25 @ 1/30

     

     

    Great shot Rand! Needs just a little more DOF. ;):)

    Edited by herbko
  4. Great shot Rand! Needs just a little more DOF.  :)  :)

     

     

    ;)

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.