Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Antibes Results

Started by Kelpfish ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Antibes Results

9 posts
  1. Does anyone know if there is a link to view the winning entries for the Antibes festival in past years?

     

    I have Googled and cannot find anything.

     

    Thanks for the help.

     

    Joe

  2. Slide #4 in the first place portfolio is scary... and another good illustration for Giles as to why you should be scared of mantis shrimps. The timing of that shot is extraordinary!

  3. Thanks for the reply, Alex. I surfed that site for an hour trying to understand French.

     

    And that mantis shot is almost like trying to photograph a frog fish feeding, damn near impossible...BUT NOT QUITE :P

     

    Joe

  4. That presentation really makes injustice with the frames, most of them looks in the site quit pitiable, I sow some of them on print magazine and they looks much better there.

  5. Thanks for the reply, Alex.  I surfed that site for an hour trying to understand French.

     

    And that mantis shot is almost like trying to photograph a frog fish feeding, damn near impossible...BUT NOT QUITE ;)

     

    Joe

    Joe the site is available in Eng

    Antibes

     

    That presentation really makes injustice with the frames, most of them looks in the site quit pitiable, I sow some of them on print magazine and they looks much better there.

    Well at least it means they spend money on the fest and not their website. :P

  6. And that mantis shot is almost like trying to photograph a frog fish feeding, damn near impossible...BUT NOT QUITE :P

     

    The fish was actually dead and was fed to the Mantis as bait. That said it is still an awesome shot and was taken on slide and is shown exactly as shot.

     

    Alex

  7. Sounds a lot like how some industry people film their stories....a little nudge (i.e. dead fish) goes a long way.

     

    Joe

  8. Scubadru,

     

    I did try to navigate the site in english mode, but I still for the life of me could not find any posted past winner examples. Only names of people but not actual images. Now that I know it's there, I'll drink some wine and probably be able to find it :P

     

     

    Joe

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.