Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Web Site Creation

Started by Roulston ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Web Site Creation

12 posts
  1. Hi, I am hoping to get some feedback regarding the best tools for building high quality web galleries.

     

    I am NOT wanting to write my own code, but looking for a Gallery product that may contain templates or examples that allow photographers to publish and possibly sell images.

     

    I have looked at BreezeBrowser and it is nearly there, Paypal payment services etc.

     

    What good bad or other experiences have others had. I currently use Beanpix in the UK, but am thinking to getting my ISP to host a personal site locally.

     

    I particularly like the way Alex's latest gallery works, but I am sure his images would make any site look good.

     

    Tony

  2. You may want to give http://jalbum.net/ a look.

     

    I used it to make my most recent gallery and am thinking of replacing my older galleries with it.

    Edited by acroporas
  3. Hey William,

     

    The program is awesome, I wish I had found it before, thanks for posting! I will start replacing my galleries too.

     

    Luiz

  4. Yep, the Jalbum its a great tool.

    It's have a lot of templates you can use and if you have some knowledge in html you can create your own templates.

    And it's free ;)

  5. Can you integrate JAlbum in an existing layout? Im looking for some software that I can integrate fully inside my own website, with features like random images. Sofar Gallery (http://gallery.menalto.com/) seems to do what I want (this is unix based).

     

    Cor

  6. You can.

     

    Just wrap the album in a <DIV> block and integrate that in your existing CSS. Probably the eassiest way to do this is to create your own skin to the JAlbum to do the wrapping.

     

    I'm right now working on redoing my site using JAlbum and my own flavour of the absolutely awesome Bananalbum skin which, being Flash, is a bit trickier to integrate. But I'm getting there...

     

    timo

  7. It is completely customizable. Check out my website. The most recent gallery is done with Jalbum and all the others were done by hand. It is hard to tell them apart.

  8. I'm a big fan of Jalbum, too: so much that I'm teaching my photo students (in a high school) to use it. I used it for my galleries, too.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  9. I almost went to JAbulm for the Bananna Flash based skin .. but when i saw gallery2 coming out i stayed with Gallery and am workin through customizing it now .. it will look the same as my journal .. and the rest of my site when made .. and it also allows for easily posting pics in my wordpress journal etc. Very handy and the new theme / skin system is easy to work with especially with so many great ones already out there to play with and get to grips with it all.

  10. One thing I missed in the version I had is the option to add shots to an exciting galleries. (Maybe it’s possible but I didn’t found it) For every new image I wanted to add I needed to recreate the gallery.

    Is it possible in the current version?

  11. Still the same, if you add one picture you have to recreate the entire library. But I still think it is a nice program, since I never add to libraries, but create new ones.

  12. Still the same, if you add one picture you have to recreate the entire library. But I still think it is a nice program, since I never add to libraries, but create new ones.

     

    Since I creates some galleries to show for friend and family and I want also a galleries 'best of'. Like 'best of u/w shots' to linked it here ;) , This Galleries are updates from time to time (the 'best of u/w' from 2 years ago will not even shown by me anywhere this days)

    Edited by Arnon_Ayal
Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.