First post in General Chat? I feel special!

Jerbee

This is great, guys. I really hope this site takes off. There’s a huge interest in underwater photography, so I think it’s only a matter of time before we are larger than the original. I’m looking forward to adding content on my next trip. I’ve been bouncing back-and-forth from the USA to the Philippines (9m US, 3m PI) for the last six or seven years, and the upcoming trip is likely going to be in February.

I’m more excited about this one than previous years due to my recent camera upgrade. I went from a point and shoot Nikon aw130 to a tg6 with backscatter mf2 strobe and snoot. Mainly shooting macro, which is abundant in the PI. It’s nothing special, but I’m hoping that my more “prosumer” setup will give me superior results to my rinkydink compact camera with onboard flash did. I’ve been practicing a bit with it above water, but it looks like I’ll be using it underwater soon. I generally dive 250ish times per trip, so I imagine I’ll have plenty of time to get used to it.

Hope all of you are doing well, and I look forward to seeing your photos in the gallery and talking about photography in the forums!

Edited by Jerbee
Typos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey Jerbee!

Thanks for this and great to have you with us. Congrats on the camera upgrade. How about an article of how you are getting on and some of the issues surrounding choosing and using?  I'm sure there'd be a lot of interest.

Best wishes

• Like 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.