Skip to content

Hello from Port Douglas

Featured Replies

After having been on Wetpixel previously I firstly want to say thank you so much to the key people for creating Waterpixels!   

 

I started diving in 1982 and became an instructor in 1988 whilst studying marine biology. My wife and I now have a reef tourism business called Wavelength Reef Cruises in Port Douglas on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, taking snorkellers on day trips to the outer reef.

 

I started underwater photography with a Nikonos iii but had a break for many years before going from Canon point and shoot, to Olympus TG, to OM-D EM 1 ii in an Isotta housing, to a recently purchased Sony A7RV in an Isotta housing.

 

I mainly take pictures for fun but also have been involved in reef restoration techniques. This led to co-founding the Coral Nurture Program on the GBR in 2018, and so I also take pictures of our research projects. 

 

John

untitled-0983-2.jpg

Keldan
AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.