Is there a pricing formula for selling old gear?

HCIdiver

Looking for some help please. I have upgraded and want to pass on my old gear - but I dont want to sell it too cheap (or rob my friend either).

Is there a formula or fair way to calculate our old gear?  

It does seem to hold value - but its also only going to age sitting on the shelf...

Gear I want to sell is for Nauticam A7Rii, well used, but in good working order.

- Housing - with vacuum valve

- 18809 180 degree dome (could reuse it but i think I will let it go)

- 37303 N100 to N120 35.5mm port adapter

- extension ring

Lens I have optionally is the Sony 16-35 f/2.8  - i can get 780stg from MPB for that (they charge almost 1200stg for 2nd hand excellent)

Thanks in advance!

1 million dollar question 🙂

13 hours ago, HCIdiver said:

t does seem to hold value - but its also only going to age sitting on the shelf...

This is the crux of the matter and I am sure that each member has his or her own view.
Now everyone is attracted to the A7R5 and A1 but I'm sure an A7R2 is a great camera that can give anyone satisfaction.

I usually start at 50% of the price I paid for it and then adjust according to the need/want to clear the shelf at home 🙂 how much it is in demand on the market and of course its state of preservation.

I often buy things used. I'm not obsessed with having new items. I also find it ethical. So when I sell I also put myself in the buyer's shoes. Many times the seller does not realise that if the savings are small, people prefer to buy the item new.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It’s a really good question. My experience with camera/housing for D100/D200/D300 and D800 has been about 30% if I’m lucky of purchase price aer about 3 years if the system was perhaps not more than 2 generations.

That said, I’ve just sold a whole bunch of Nikon lenses and a D5. The lenses ranged from 30% to 80% (the latter for a 300mmFR and a 24mmPC). I’d be embarrassed to say how much I got for a Nikon D5 in pristine condition. I was genuinely horrified. I think I’d be almost suggesting get rid of non-mirrorless fast!

• Like 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.