Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Dema 2005 mini report

Started by handlerphoto ·

  • 28Posts
  • 28Replies

Read-only discussion

Dema 2005 mini report

28 posts
  1. Well the Dema show is in full swing, the Wetpixel night was a really cool thing to have and hopefully the start of a tradition, got to put face and voice on names. then the photo part, which should be uploaded soon (out of my control) nothing to be censored, I hope aside from a few shots of the Aquatica guy (me) and the Ikelite guy (David Haas) having tons of fun chating, Hey that can't be right were supposed to be competitor :D , nice bunch of people we have here. Kasey and Marjo are trying to get me drunk every I pass in front of their US virgin Island booth, they got scores of rhum bottle and are more than generous with it.

     

    Anyway, gotta hit the show for another day of fun, herr sorry!, work is what I meant :D

     

    and NO nobody so far as skinny dipped in a fountain to my knowledge, but hey it ain't over and its Vegas baby.

     

    Cheers

     

    Jean

  2. for your info i'm squatting Mauricio's Mac, (he's my roomy for the show)

     

    Jean Bruneau, AKA Viz'art

  3. Mauricio,

     

    I was not able to attend the wetpixel happy hour but I have to again complement you on excellent presentation. I attended the "Top 10 images and the stories behind them" seminar and I was thoroughly impressed with the photographs and how you presented them. My only regret is that I was not able to attend your Great White Shark presentation.

     

    Your passion for underwater photography is contagious, thank you for taking the time to share with us.

     

    Best regards,

     

    James

  4. Ok I'll pop by today... my hotel pool is out so I have to go early today.

  5. Jean,

     

    It was great to meet you and all the Wetpixelers Tuesday night. It is so fun to put a face to the names.

     

    Kathy Mendes

    BTW...Randy won one of the big bottles of rum that Kasey and Marjo's booth was raffling. We're switching our favorite drink from Margaritas to Daiquiri's. :D

  6. To all of you in Vegas....

     

    thanks for contributing to our tax base! Hit the tables more often!

     

    ...wishing I wasn't shackled to work...

     

    All the best, James

  7. Seems you have a hard time there

    We want pictures, incriminating as possible!

    :D

  8. The DEMA show was much busier than last year and Vegas was heaps of fun! The Wetpixel happy hour was especially nice. It was great to meet a lot of Wetpixelites I didn't already know. Of course the next morning I swore I would never drink tequila again but that only lasted a day. I thought we had scheduled our skinny dipping party for Wednesday night at the Bellagio fountain, but nobody else showed up (except the security guards) and they were not nearly as much fun as the Wetpixel gang from Tuesday night - and they didn't bring their cameras either. Oh well, maybe next year, but I doubt that Orlando will be quite as wild as Vegas was.

     

    Great to see you all there!

     

    Bonnie

  9. Any interesting new UW photo equipment at DEMA? Did SEACAM show their new remote control?

    Tom

  10. Who's this guy with a housing in hand? Lambis this is for you.

     

    22045_1128739738_Jeanaquatica.jpg

  11. Gee, I told you to photoshop some hair on my head :D,

     

    Back in Montréal, tired, jet lagged and feeling like the Airbus landed on my back, but hey what a great show it was for us, lots of interest on the D2x housing and the upcoming 5D housing. brought my camera gear with me but never got around to shooting anything, too busy with the restaurant, social etc.,

     

    Lambis will like that one, A Nikon D2x housing in black, this one is for Peter Mooney but more like that one can be made, stay tune for my cream white version of this housing, I'm nostalic nd decided to go for the old paint scheme of the 80's and early 90's

     

    I know there are other picture of Dema than this balding middle age u/w photographer, so come on girls and boys post away,

  12. Oh I thought you said add more wrinkles... sorry.

  13. Hope you all had a blast at DEMA. Couldn't make it this time. Looking forward to some reports (with pictures of ghosted faces.

     

    Joe

  14. Wow!!!!!!!! What a black beauty!!!! I cant wait to see more about the housing!!!

     

    Serious Jean..I love it..

     

    Now about the hair...

    First you are not alone ;-)

    Just say... My hair takes a long time to grow out!!!

     

    Or like in we say in Greece: ...at least I dont need a haircuter ... God do this for me!! :-)

  15. I'm back - got in last night and slept a full 12 hours...and could use some more!

     

    I really enjoyed meeting everyone - and the show was a blast! There are some really cool new products to talk about, and I should have the full report finished up in a couple of days.

     

    Ok - just a few more hours of sleep and I'll get started.... :D

     

    Christa

  16. Jeez Jean, Blake said your attire is a little more well...vivid. :D

     

    That Black housing looks sweet!

  17. Sorry Todd, ran out of flashy shirt, so I had to put this discreet red shirt :D day before I had a bright orange shirt with a 70's tie, a force to reckon with this dude was, the PADI booth in front of us started giving away sun glasses (true) so I figured I should tone it down a notch.:D did'nt want to appear like I belong in Vegas to much. Well Todd what some of us do for shirt some other do into housings :D

     

    cheers

  18. It was for us one, of the best, but what a spreaded out floor, my legs got a workout on this one.

  19. Sorry Todd, ran out of flashy shirt, so I had to put this discreet red shirt :D day before I had a bright orange shirt with a 70's tie, a force to reckon with this dude was, the PADI booth in front of us started giving away sun glasses (true) so I figured I should tone it down a notch.:D did'nt want to appear like I belong in Vegas to much. Well Todd what some of us do for shirt some other do into housings :D

     

    cheers

     

    Love my Red and White Aquatica housing. But what Canadian wouldn't. :D If I wasn't using it Blake could have displayed it at DEMA.

    Edited by yahsemtough
Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.