Substrobe DS-80? Ike, when can we get more info on this gem?
- 28Posts
- 28Replies
Read-only discussion
Dema 2005 mini report
-
-
Back to reality it is... but still dreaming of the past week in the planets ultimate toystore... As cool as all the new gear was, I was most impressed by how nice, friendly and helpful all the pro photographers were! And meeting all the great wetpixelites was fantastic, what a great bunch! Thanks guys!
-
Hi All - Thought I would share with you an e-mail I sent to James as a short recap of DEMA news relative to Seacam. Disclaimer ... I'm the Seacam distributor in this neck of the woods. I'll post some small photos in the subsequent posts:
1. Seacam is of course doing a 5D housing. Harald already has camera and has begun work on the housing. We discussed all control placement at the show. It will be stellar no doubt.
2. We now have a functional ready to sell remote. There is a trigger, cord modules of various lengths (3, 5, 7 meter for example), and then the pigtail which attaches to an S6 connector on the housing. All contemporary housings (1DsMKII/D2X) have the hole to insert bulkhead S6, so very easy retrofit. You'll need the piece from Nikon or Canon to fit onto camera, That part goes inside the housing, but Seacam has all other pieces as plug-and-play.
3. Seacam will make a turnkey polecam unit complete with electronic monitor via video cam that plugs into viewfinder slot. Expandable aluminum pole shall be included in this package.
4. Seacam offers wet diopters, in +2 and +4 power. They attach directly to macro port via an O-ring pressure fit.
5. There is a number 5, which is pretty exciting and will launch at Antibes in February. I'll leave that one for Harald to explain when the time is right.
We met Christa at the show, and she was very gracious, professional, and thorough. I look forward to seeing her DEMA review.
Steve
-
-
-
Hi Steve,
Thanks for posting this. I'll be picking up the DEMA report and photos from Christa tonight so we should have it up soon.
Those wet diopters are sure looking good. There's not much available, and a LOT of demand for wet diopters lately. I'd like to test one for a Wetpixel review.
Cheers
James
-
Hi Steve,
Thanks for posting this. I'll be picking up the DEMA report and photos from Christa tonight so we should have it up soon.
Those wet diopters are sure looking good. There's not much available, and a LOT of demand for wet diopters lately. I'd like to test one for a Wetpixel review.
Cheers
James
Sure ... my pleasure to provide. I'll have the ones I brought home from the show with me in St. Vincent October 22-28, both +2 and +4, but you are welcome to try them after that. We'll have new ones in stock ($295 each), but my personal ones can go out to you on loan whenever you need them.
Steve
-
Excellent and totally comprehensive DEMA report on the homepage:
http://wetpixel.com/i.php/full/dema-2005-show-report/
Thanks Christa for taking the time to put that together. Really appreciated.
Alex