Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Webcast on UW Photography

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Webcast on UW Photography

23 posts
  1. We have joked before about doing live webcasts of underwater photography talks - and on Tuesday it turns out that I am actually doing one.

     

    The talk is at 14:30 local time (BST) here in the UK (25th October) at the Natural History Museum in London - and is being broadcast live on their website. The talk will last for 30 minutes.

     

    There are more details and a link below:

     

    http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/eve...il.jsp?key=3868

     

    It would be great if a few people around the world were able to tune in! The main challenge will be figuring out the timezones. 14:30 BST is 13:30 GMT.

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  2. Alex,

     

    I don't see a URL for the webcast, am I missing it?

  3. yep that seems to have a video screen and your name on it

     

    I must see if i can work out what time it is for me ...I believe I am on central still .. then see if i can break away from my own natural history making o watch it.

  4. That will be 08:30 am in Cayman. That's a time difference I know!

     

    Alex

  5. 7:30 am in Panama, I will probably be on my car going to work :) Is there any chance that it will be saved and re-played later?

  6. Ops, just double checked it and confirmed that I am in the same time zone as Cayman (GMT -5), so I guess I will be tuned! :)

  7. That's great news Alex! You'll turn me into a night owl though - it'll be starting 30 mins before midnight in Melbourne. Very much looking forward to it.

  8. Antony - u will be a night owl for sure ...

     

    I make it half PAST midnight AEST :)

    Edited by Lndr
  9. It looks like some of the other webcasts have been archived eg. Life in the field in Panama. I wonder whether Alex will still be "available" later on so us aussies don't have to stay up all night?

  10. I saw it mentioned archives but didn't find an active link ... ?

     

    Alex - do you know if it will be recorded & archived? If the NHM doesn't post it could wetpixel ??

  11. Another vote for Lndr's suggestion of posting on WP - Alex/Eric/James - what do you guys think?

  12. It is on right now for anyone lurking around

  13. Well there it was. Nice job Alex.

  14. Nice one mate!

     

    It was worth staying up for half the night!!

     

    You are a very charasmatic speaker - great mix of photography and science and fun.

     

    Not sure about the questions you got asked, but hey, we weren't in the audience :blink:

    Edited by anthp
  15. ooh and btw, i hope you payed digitallywet for his appearance in the show!

  16. The model release must be a killer on that one. :blink:

     

    Great engaging presentation Alex. I am amazed no one asked you what lenses you were using for the particular shots but...

     

    Kudos to you mate!

  17. Great. I am glad people saw it. Since it is half term here (1 week school holiday) there were lots of young kids in the live audience, which meant I had to skimp on the detailed photographic stats - and keep everything pretty general. It also meant I couldn't do all the hamlet hermaphrodite sex stuff that had gone down very well at the patrons evening on the night before! I had no idea of what the audience would be before hand so I was just winging it. Hope I made sense.

     

    My pictures are on display in several places around the museum - the snappers all over - on all of the media packs and other official materials, and the hamlets are on the outside wall of the museum (on exhibition rd for locals), so you don't even have to go in to see them.

     

    Anyway I think that is the last of the official stuff I have to do. Phew. I think I am suffering WPOTY fatigue now.

     

    After the talk I went down to the store rooms with a friend and saw sharks, dolphins and even a coelocanth in formaldehyde. Kinda cool and kinda gross.

     

    Alex

  18. seriously alex is a lucky man that I am freely giving my talents away for him to launch boost and maintain his career from ... I was busy doing something else at 8.30 this morning so i didnt get to watch .. but what i was doing was way more fun,

  19. I missed it too, any chance they have it archived somewhere?

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.