Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea & Sea D60 housing

Started by wetpixel ·

  • 45Posts
  • 45Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea & Sea D60 housing

45 posts
  1. I really do hope Andy gives him as hard a time as he gave Andy about Sea and Sea on our trip.

     

    Jim is insane and I think I want to join him there. :)

  2. Is that monitor intended for use before the shot or only for review? Anybody know?

     

    Amphibico makes one that's even bigger and more expensive for those who feel the urge to compete.

  3. Craig,

     

    I can't speak from experience, using the monitor or "tethered" shooting, but IMO, the monitor will only show a shot AFTER it's taken.

     

    Before the shot, the mirror and shutter are in front of the sensor - and most DSLR's don't have a "video" feature.

     

    My guess is that they can use the monitor with a long cable and "postview with histogram" turned on to review shots from the pole cam.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. That's what I was thinking, too. Just didn't know on the Canon.

     

    I wonder how valuable this will be. I use it on my video setup since it is good for composition on wide angle. I'd rather not move my head that much after taking a macro shot.

     

    Of course, it's better to look good than to feel good, and it looks marvelous!

     

    Oops. Had to edit this comment since I just got your pole cam comment. Maybe that's it.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.