Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

tiger sharks and bull sharks, bahamas

Started by echeng ·

  • 66Posts
  • 66Replies

Read-only discussion

tiger sharks and bull sharks, bahamas

66 posts
  1. Premiere Pro has crappy export features for the web. I exported Quicktime H.264 and then uploaded to YouTube, which further crappified the video. :blink:

     

    Here's a tiger shark and bull shark video from a dive in the Bahamas today. The current was RIPPING, and it was all I could do to hold on to the camera...

     

    Edited by echeng
  2. Interesting action!

     

    Do you ever sleep?

    Are you still on the boat?

    If so, how did you get an internet connection?

    Edited by herbko
  3. I dumped a less crappy version online, thanks to wagsy's cool upload thingy:

    http://www.hdvunderwater.com/uploads/Tiger...s1-H264-480.mov (18MB)

     

    I do sometimes sleep. I'm still on the boat, and we're docked at West End to evade high winds. Wireless from the boat! :blink:

    Edited by echeng
  4. Hello echeng

     

    The internet makes the world small.

     

    Had a look at your clip, hey that looks great and they were real tigers. I was waiting for you to swim out and pat one. :blink:

     

    Seems my uploader worked okay.

    What did you shot that with?

     

    I export H.264 from Premiere Pro with procoder. Have not tried Prem 2.0 yet.

     

    Hope the weather comes good for you.

  5. Hmmm looks conspicuously like pole cam to me. And what's this backing away from the tiger? :blink:

    Are you using Verizon or Cingular? My Cingular card sux. thinking of going verizon. I wish 3G was available in the US nationwide.

  6. What a jerk.... out in the middle of nowhere and posts video.....

     

    I can't watch that crap! takes a day and a half to upload and shuts down the entire hotel and probably the island....

     

    And then i read he backs up from Tiger? Anyone have a good chicken smilie? bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha

     

    Please take the piss out of James for us.... :blink:

     

    M

  7. Here ya go Mike

     

    1.8 megs wmv file...can you handle that without shutting down your island? :blink:

     

    Tiger Sharks

  8. The interesting thing to me about this video is that not only does Eric post it here with pre-empted excuses 'crappy export features' .. 'current was ripping' but he also annotated the video clip with all the excuses !!!

     

    ... but the tiger sharks are cool man .. i don't know if it is the current that gave them this awesome ability to look like they are coming at you and then just stop .. or if Eric was getting a little scared and swimming away faster.

     

    Ripping current huh ... poor Alex ... did you loose him ?

  9. 3 tigers, 3 supermods in the dive.... hmmm... we may take over wetpixel soon.

  10. Cool!! Gives me fond memories.

     

    Sorry to hear about the wind.

  11. Hi all,

     

    Several Wet Pixel'ers are here in the Bahamas aboard Shearwater trying to get some close up pictures of Tiger Sharks. Eric was up late last night editing video.

    The concensus here yesterday was there were too many sharks that were too big, too close, and the current was too strong. Pretty hair raising!! While on the line yesterday with Alex Mustard, James Wiseman and Jim Abernethy one the several Tiger sharks nearby broke formation and chomped down on my Sealux housing. Somehow I managed to push the shark off. Amazingly, not a scratch on me and only a few minor scratches on the hosuing. I figure the dome port came through unscathed because it was inside the sharks jaws. Whooo Hooo!!!

     

    We're all having a blast!

     

    Eric captured some nice video footage of the sharks swimming by us all on the line. Eric also just got out of bed at 10:20AM!! So be sure to razz him.

     

    Cheers, Jett

  12. Hey, guys! Annotation for current was because the video is so damned shakey, and I don't want my video coming out to be represented that way. :blink:

     

    Drew: pole-cam? wtf?? :o

     

    I wasn't swimming away, by the way -- I couldn't, anyway, since the current was so strong. I was just trying to keep my fins behind me so they wouldn't look like a tasty, flapping snack...

  13. I was next to Jett on the line. Wow. That tiger that grabbed his camera was big. I didn't even take a shot of it - I was quite worried for Jett.

     

    Its an awesome trip - especially as we have James on board to be butt of all the jokes! Great action and an even better group. Roll on the week.

     

    Alex

  14. Jealous ... sign me up for the next one ... seeing as how i will be living there.

     

    Are the tigers scared of the Yeti .. i mean James ?

  15. I can vouch for you Eric. The swimming away thing just didn't make sense to me. And, glad you have James to pick on. Last time I was with Eric it was the Canadian.

     

    I definately have to go back to do the shark trip again. :o

     

    ALex, try to get Jimmy to say something on the trip. Usually he is so quiet and never has any stories to tell. Also tell him the Polar Bears are still in my back yard but will be heading north soon. :blink:

     

    ps Eric, Anna said to say hello. She emailed yesterday as she was going to get a copy of my cover shot on Scuba Diving Magazine.

     

    Todd

    Edited by yahsemtough
  16. Hey, Todd! We have that issue on board. Congrats! Anna has graced so many dive magazine covers...

     

    Wags: I shot the video with a Z1u in a Bluefin HD housing.

  17. Me, dangling like bait (photo by Paul Ng):

     

    ericchengwithtigersharks.jpg

    Edited by echeng
  18. Hey, Todd!  We have that issue on board. Congrats!  Anna has graced so many dive magazine covers...

     

    Wags: I shot the video with a Z1u in a Bluefin HD housing.

     

     

    Great another group who has seen it. I have only seen a photo of it. Still not in the local store or sent to me from Scuba Diving. I think Anna said her 3rd cover to me.

    I only have one cover and one cover shot that I took the photo :blink:

    Edited by yahsemtough
  19. Hi Gang,

     

    I'm happy to be the butt of the jokes, as long as I get to be here! :-)

     

    Here's one of my favorite shots from yesterday, captured on the dive w/ Alex, Jett, and Jimmy. That dive was off the hook!!!

     

    Cheers

    James

    post-21-1142449027_thumb.jpg

    Edited by james
  20. While on the line yesterday with Alex Mustard, James Wiseman and Jim Abernethy one the several Tiger sharks nearby broke formation and chomped down on my Sealux housing. Somehow I managed to push the shark off. Amazingly, not a scratch on me and only a few minor scratches on the hosuing. I figure the dome port came through unscathed because it was inside the sharks jaws. Whooo Hooo!!!
    Hope you were shooting at the time, when do we get to see the video? Wish I had known about this trip, as I live only 25mins. away from Shearwaters' dock. Would have loved to go. Hope your trip is going well, the winds are picking up pretty good here.
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.