Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

tiger sharks and bull sharks, bahamas

Started by echeng ·

  • 66Posts
  • 66Replies

Read-only discussion

tiger sharks and bull sharks, bahamas

66 posts
  1. yer an addict!!! Got my tapes today after 4 months, so you don't have to worry about that now...

  2. I'm home now. Still haven't washed out the ocean from my dive kit so it is still salty. Pirate movies kept me entertained in flight, and luckily I went on standby for an earlier flight to Atlanta, because weather delays would have meant my scheduled flight would have missed my connection. And I would have been spitting flames like an angry dragon.

     

    I am just starting to go through my images. I didn't take a RAW converter with me on the boat so am only just seeing my images white balanced etc. Wow. I am very exctited to share them. Seeing the images in the field is a lot of fun, but whole pleasures come from seeing them finished at home.

     

    Alex

  3. hi, guys. updated video page with more videos (great hammerhead, and reef scene -- reef sharks, etc.). scroll down to the bottom of the page...

     

    some of the sharks look pretty beat up!

     

    http://echeng.com/journal/2006/03/20/more-...videos-bahamas/

    Edited by echeng
  4. Another thing I've put up in that post are full-res (but compressed) screen grabs from the HDV footage. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see them.

     

    They're clearly interlaced grabs. Anyone know how to pull an interpolated screen grab by using Vegas? Do I need to convert the project to progressive, first?

  5. Eric,

    You might want to consider the inexpensive purchase of Snapz Pro X software. I use if for all my screen grabs for the articles I write as well as for making video tutorials. Very stable software and highly recommended to anyone needing this type of functioning.

    Steve

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.