I agree that the D10 from Subal housing is superb, but I am not convinced by all the ergonomics of the D10.
My minor problems are I find that there is no direct indication of the position of the function dial plus the gearing on the aperture dial is very long. If the aperture is set in 1/3 stop graduations (which is useful for manual flash exposure) then it requires 5 and 3/4 complete turns to get from f2.8 to f22 - which is a bit of a pain. Certainly I cannot rock the dial between apertures like I can with the N10 housing for my F100.
I realise that the housing has 25 camera controls. And most are faultless. But these two are probably the most used after the shutter.
I realise that for Subal the D10 is never going to be a long term seller, plus with so many controls to work on it is hard to get them all up to their usual standard in time to hit the market with this short lifespan camera. However in these respects I feel the housing is not up to the ergonomic standards of the F100 and F80.
Don't know what you think, Dave?
Sorry to be over critical but i hope these comments are of value to others in this group who might be considering parting with large amounts of cash.
I do love the system really!
Alex
I have to say that I have found the matrix metering of the D100 noticably inferior to my F100 on land (I am forced to use spot more with the D100), but so far it has been very good in the water - possibly surprisingly. This may be my misconception because of the instant image review of digital. Whereas it is at least a few days before I see my slides and don't think twice about dispatching the wrong exposures to the bin!
The autofucus on the D100 (Multi-Cam 900) is significantly poorer than F100 (Multi-CAM 1300) too.