Hi guys,
More of a shooter than an editor so I have a couple of questions. Been shooting 4:3 since time started and now looking to convert a new project to 16:9. This can be achieved with a great new software called Mediastream, I was pointed to it by contacts at The Ocean Channel who use it for all of their conversion, PAL>NTSC and vice versa, issues. It's also a free download from www.squared5.com with versions for both PC and MAC, strongly suggest you get it. Haven't looked at it in depth but potential there to also go DV PAL for example to NTSC Mpeg2 in one go saving one encoding (generation loss) session.
Anyway, getting off subject. SO I have a product in 4:3 (720 x 576) and I wanna go 16:9 (1024 x 576). My questions are basically:
1) Field dominance - upper or lower field? Shooting in PAL DV if that makes a difference.
2) Deinterlace the stream or not?
The rest is pretty self explanatory. If an explanation to these issues can also be given that would be great as it would help this "Old" (Mike and Dean) dog learn a few new tricks.
Cheers,
Mark.
![]()
