I went on their site and I really can't tell whether it is compatible with FCP. Does your documentation say?
Steve B)
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by peacedog ·
Read-only discussion
I went on their site and I really can't tell whether it is compatible with FCP. Does your documentation say?
Steve B)
Says nothing, I think you import and export to editing programs....
Dave,
I've been in contact with president of the company about doing a possible review. It seems like this is a separate application all together. I guess you bring in your clip, let iStabilize do its thing and then export into your NLE software. I wonder if there is a loss of resolution while doing this. If you need to zoom in a bit then I am guessing that loss will be there. I'll see when I get it. In the meantime, I am leaving for the Philippines later this afternoon and will say hi to all when I get back.
Steve B)
Guys,
Started messing with the program. It is a seperate app. Actually, there are two options: 1. iMovie plugin app and 2. full stand-alone app. I am using option 2.
You import your captured clip, stabilize and export it out using any one of the options you typically see in FCP. It seems quite straight forward and clean process. It is also fast. I imported a clip, stabilized it and then exported. Unfortunetly, i hit a wall at this point. Kept getting an export error. Admittedly I only skimmed the instructions so it is likely my fault. I will read up more and do some performance test. It will certainly be somewhat lossy. However, it looks like it can import, modify and export in the native hdv format (1080 60i/50i). So loss will come from zoom and motion tracking associated with stabilization...would not expect it to be huge and probably still much better than shaky footage.
I'll let you know when I have more.
Shawn
Steve, have a blast in the P.I's. Between you and Shawn, I will be looking for an explanation of how to use iStablize when I get to that point.
I hope that for as little as I know, I have been at least helpful in finding such a program and turning you experts onto it...hopefully it will work well, Lord knows my newbie footage needs it!
Dave... the only expert is the one who doesn't think he is but makes the best of what he knows and tries to learn more....just like you and so many others, including myself, are doing. I only wished I knew as much as I would like to know. I'll take a look at that program when I get back.
Steve B)
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.