Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Diving Partners

Started by markh ·

  • 51Posts
  • 51Replies

Read-only discussion

Diving Partners

51 posts
  1. Todd,

     

    We don't dress like that any more in the UK we've moved on ....oh about 40 years. This was just for our summer village fete.

     

    I'll post the photo for those who can't relate. Its outside our house in Leics, UK.......and NO we don't wear them under our drysuits!!

     

    Mark

  2. Dont know whats happened there.

    Try again.

  3. I can scientifically demonstrate (p<0.0005) that girlfriend with camera is significantly more tolerant of boyfriend with camera staying in the same spot for 10 minutes than girlfriend without camera. Irritability levels in subject are an order of magnitude less when the subject has a camera in her hand. Girlfriend, with or without camera, is a great dive budy and finds slightly more than half of the stuff. More importanlty, results strongly indicate that keeping the girlfriend happy leads to lower stress levels, more lovin, longer lifespans, more bottom time and less of THE LOOK. Current results are limited to a sample size of one - other models of girlfriends and wives may vary, please see your manual.

     

    Dr. James B. Wood

  4. Mark, Uh... Do you still have the shoes? I'm sure there worth a fortune now. Hahahahahahahhahhahha!

  5. Sure do and I still bring em out on SPECIAL occasions.

     

    If the guys on the Port Hardy trip this Aug ask me nicely I may even bring them along!!

  6. I feel fortunate that both my husband and myself love diving. We got certified together and bothe fell in love with the sport. I bought an MX10 right away when I started diving. My husband was a great spotter but he did get a little impatient when I was spending alot of time in one spot. He decided to go the video route. It's a perfect combo. Now when I'm spending time in one spot he looks around for something to video and stays in the same area. The only thing is when we see something good we compete for the shots. Most of his videos have strobes firing in them. We also compete for the attention of our friends after a trip. While everyone is viewing my pictures and giving me praise he is saying "you have to see my video".

    We are a good team though. We have only done a few dives without the other. Makes a great dive buddy!

     

    Sandy

  7. I can imagine the warm water divers wondering why the heck we would bother diving up here in the cold, given the need for dry suits, thick gloves, hood, etc, plus all the extra weight (30 lbs is pretty light... I use 40, and my buddy uses 50) to sink it all. Fun climbing back up the hill at Sunrise Beach after a dive... I still laugh when I think back to my first dive in Hawaii... I picked up the weight belt (only 12 lbs!) and about threw it over the car!

     

    The kicker is all the life up here. Very nice diving! I haven't been up as far as Port Hardy, but I'd sure like to! I think ol' Jacques Cousteau has been quoted as saying that one of his favorite areas to dive in the world was the Puget Sound.

     

    My wife is a non diver... pity me.... :)

  8. I've seen Bob's picture, I think I can take him...

     

    Here we go again. Does he dress like Debbie

    Hey, you've got no chance snowman - I bleed acid!

     

     

    and yes, wait until you're tucked up on the boat, I have something suitable in pink chiffon...

  9. I'll call security at the airport ahead of time. I'd love to see them searching you bags and find that one?

     

    On you I think they would label it a lethal weapon and confiscate it.

  10. I'll call security at the airport ahead of time. I'd love to see them searching you bags and find that one?

     

    On you I think they would label it a lethal weapon and confiscate it.

    Knowing Bob he'd be one step ahead of you Todd. He'd be wearing it.

  11. Well, my "buddy" actually started shooting at my suggestion. Heck, she finds 75% of the stuff to shoot anyway. She was absolutely atrocious at taking pictures. Even her land shots are fuzzy. She went back to being the spotter, because as soon as she started toting the camera, she was spotting less. Now she's back to her old nickname "bird dog", pointing things left and right. She also models, even though it has taken a couple of years to get the signals down for modeling.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.