Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Nikon releases new software

Started by Rocha ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon releases new software

21 posts
  1. Now that you have had a chance to use it, is Capture NX worth it over Adobe CS?

     

    I have both and used to prefer opening my files in Nikon Capture 4x because I liked the workflow. Then I would launch CS and make a few tweaks there. I also felt that the RAW handling gave better results than ACR.

     

    I'm having dificulty with the new GUI. Things are in weird places (like the camera settings view) and I find the detachable toolbars take up lots of space obscuring the image (need 2 monitors). Most of all it is very slow on my 1.8 Ghz machine. CS1 is much faster. I find myself going straight to CS now and sorry about spending $150 on this.

     

    Do I just need to learn more about this program to understand its power or are these problems ones that others are having?

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.