Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Google Earth

Started by wagsy ·

  • 27Posts
  • 27Replies

Read-only discussion

Google Earth

27 posts
  1. Now I know a few of you out there due to your unscruplious secret life activities would want to remain hidden :) but for us normal folks I thought it would be cool to see where we all live.

     

    If you download Google Earth and then my ZIPPED KML FILE/

     

    It will take you to my huge city I live in. :)

     

    There is a bottle of Rum or Burbon to the first person who can guess/find our house :D

  2. Who needs google earth..

     

    I'm looking at three of you now using the old military 'Focal lockdown 6' Its a spy intelligence system that you can get through the 'matrix'.. :D

     

    Just follow the white rabbit brothers B)

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(I'm behind you)B

  3. Click on the Google headquarters link and go 1 mile away from the bay along Shoreline Blvd.

  4. If you're looking for somewhere to map your location use Frappr, you can create a Wetpixel map.

     

    http://www.frappr.com/c/user/createamap

     

    :D

     

    I would suggest that one of the adults, sets it up as you need a caretaker, especially if you would want to add particular headings, like favourite dive sites, wrecks, reefs, bars etc.

    Edited by PeterCatchpole
  5. Type "lanta, thailand" into the search and it takes you to the provincial centre of the island. Zoom out a little and I'm on the northern most grey "nipple" at the top....

     

    That's Saladan...... in very pixellated low-def.....

     

    Can someone please confirm that it is not only my computer that has Koh PhiPhi blanked out of the imaging nowadays? Don't know why but, it went off the map about 2 months ago never to have returned!?!!?!? I can still see it from my front window, so I know that it hasn't sunk... :D

     

    If you turn on the "Google Earth Community" layer, then you'll see a cluster of "i"s half way between Lanta and Phuket.... This is where it should be..... Interestingly enough, all of the "i"s point out individual buoy locations in the area, so someone's been doing their homework....

     

    nice idea for a thread, Wagsy..... I was bored with work for a while.... :)

  6. try Yap... tell me if they know its here..

  7. I just got GE and it's pretty amazing.

     

    Interestingly, the particular satellite photo for this specific part of the globe must have been taken in 2004, at least two years ago. The construction work to stabilize beach sands in the lagoon (a Japanese aid project) is clearly just underway in the photos. All that was finished by early 2005.

     

    My house is at 8°41'40.99"S, 115°15'50.63"E. There's an equal share in a bottle of rum (converted to daiquiris) to the next wetpixeller who finds his or her way here.

     

    Frogfish

  8. try Yap... tell me if they know its here..

     

     

    The search returned:

     

    Yap Frederick MD

    660 829 3400 - 110 mi E

     

    I wonder if he get calls asking about diving with Manta's.

     

    Yap is there if you knew where to look. The resolution is actually quite good. The line painted on the airport runway and the airport building can easily be resolved.

    post-59-1153883411_thumb.jpg

    Edited by herbko
  9. I just got GE and it's pretty amazing. 

     

    Interestingly,  the particular satellite photo for this specific part of the globe must have been taken in 2004, at least two years ago.  The construction work to stabilize beach sands in the lagoon (a Japanese aid project) is clearly just underway in the photos.  All that was finished by early 2005.

     

    My house is at  8°41'40.99"S, 115°15'50.63"E.  There's an equal share in a bottle of rum (converted to daiquiris) to the next wetpixeller who finds his or her way here.

     

    Frogfish

     

     

    I'll be there Oct 6th... lets get drunk!

  10. Aha Herb, thanks for that..

     

    fixed it for ya!

    post-2598-1153884558_thumb.jpg

  11. Hey this is cool..

    Chris you certainly live in a nice spot. Could not find PhiPhi either.

     

    Frog fish...you got a big party house there :)

     

    Mike...you lucky guy living on the tiny island with all those local chicks :D

     

    That Frappr, thing is rather cool as well.

     

    Well look what else I found...you can see us Whale Sharking... :) cool hey...

     

    21°53'09.91"S, 113°56'16.42"E

  12. Update -

     

    7°39'02.35"N 99°02'10.55"E - will take you straight onto my rather-blurred rooftop...

     

    Nice whalesharking wagsy...

     

    Any google earth boffs know why an island may have just disappeared?

     

    I want hi-res shots on order. But they don't provide unfortunately, even if you buy the pro version, slags :rolleyes::lol:

  13. I just got GE and it's pretty amazing. 

     

    Interestingly,  the particular satellite photo for this specific part of the globe must have been taken in 2004, at least two years ago.  The construction work to stabilize beach sands in the lagoon (a Japanese aid project) is clearly just underway in the photos.  All that was finished by early 2005.

     

    My house is at  8°41'40.99"S, 115°15'50.63"E.  There's an equal share in a bottle of rum (converted to daiquiris) to the next wetpixeller who finds his or her way here.

     

    Frogfish

    you're on for september...

     

    a bottle of champagne is hidden here 43°44'1.25"N, 7°24'56.54"E

    for the next one who can find me :rolleyes:

     

    /paul

  14. wanna giggle?

     

    try google moon ....... don't worry nothing to download on this one, so even the "Yappers" can get it :rolleyes:

     

    use the slider on the left and zoom in all the way.....

     

    certainly puts paid to an age old myth eh?

  15. wanna giggle?

     

    try google moon ....... don't worry nothing to download on this one, so even the "Yappers" can get it  :rolleyes:

     

    use the slider on the left and zoom in all the way.....

     

    certainly puts paid to an age old myth eh?

     

    Very cool. Do zoom all the way in.

  16. Yappers! that was cool....

  17. I'm not putting to co-ordinates of my house. You can actually see in through the windows in my roof! The picture was obviously taken a long time ago. My wife has put on weight since then!

  18. Google Earth of North Wales looks like it was shot in the sea around North Wales - low vis and poor resolution. My wherabouts will have to remain anonymous!

  19. If you have't seen it yet I like Zooomr

    Edited by digitallywet
  20. Our local traffic warden used GE to look for his house.. He was not amused to see his wife in bed with me and a mate :lol: ..Teach him to book my bloody car.. :rolleyes:

     

    Google earth.. :wub: I'm lovin it...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.