Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sardine Run Video 06 (link and embedded video)

Started by Drew ·

  • 31Posts
  • 31Replies

Read-only discussion

Sardine Run Video 06 (link and embedded video)

31 posts
  1. Very nice...

     

    The music accompanies the mood as well..

     

    A concised blue planet...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  2. But I do the NY dude... not duuuude, but dude.

     

    And don't make fun of pretty boy's poking... even whales have taste.

     

    Ellen, I guarantee no animals were mistreated in the making of that video.

    I trust you Drew. But what about the still photographers? Bwaa haaa haaa

  3. They were saying americanism had taken hold of australia and the world after our waitron(you've haven't gone there yet!) said "are you guys done?"

     

    See, I would argue that your service professional using a term like that is a good reason to start using, enjoying and revelling in the more "ocker" 'strine that Irwin (and I, for that matter) use in day to day conversation. It's all about preserving and using the more attractive elements of our distinctive culture in an increasingly homogeneous world, we need to take our Blundstones, Jackie Howe singlets and rather nasal vowel sounds and stride out into the world, demonstrating that Australia is still a distinctive place and not just the 52nd state.

     

    JMHO, dude.

     

    :rolleyes:

  4. See, I would argue that your service professional using a term like that is a good reason to start using, enjoying and revelling in the more "ocker" 'strine that Irwin (and I, for that matter) use in day to day conversation. It's all about preserving and using the more attractive elements of our distinctive culture in an increasingly homogeneous world, we need to take our Blundstones, Jackie Howe singlets and rather nasal vowel sounds and stride out into the world, demonstrating that Australia is still a distinctive place and not just the 52nd state.

     

    JMHO, dude.

     

    :rolleyes:

     

    Ozzie,please.

    The ozzie accent is just an outback version of Eliza Doolittle with o/u/e vowels at the back of almost every word. Just like the american accent is irish derived. So really we should all go back to the native language of the continents before the empire stretched out. Then again how far back do we go? The Arabs/jews/christians prefer to use the creationist scale. Go back to too far and our arms are longer than our legs (or the women are still ribbin'us for our christian brothers (ouch!))

    Intercultural mixing is as natural as the sardine run. Besides the best americanism export is now ebonics, and you know most americans can't do the ozzie accent... so you will be assimilated. :unsure:

    Edited by scubadru
  5. Hey Craig.... how do you pronounce your own name? Aussies can't pronounce R....

     

    :rolleyes::unsure:

  6. Hey Craig.... how do you pronounce your own name?

     

     

    Poorly, and I know it. :glare: I nearly died with pleasure the night I checked into a hotel in Paris and the maître de pronounced my surname correctly, without prompting.

     

    The only thing funnier than French with my Australian accent is Spanish with my Australian accent.

  7. Well it's beats no french or spanish and just the ozzie accent.

  8. What is 'strewth' supposed to mean? That's one I never heard of? Noun, verb? How is it used?

    I'm originally a proud New Yorker, and my California students still, after almost 30 years, ask for an interpreter because of my NY accent.

    Steve B)

    Edited by steve
  9. What is 'strewth' supposed to mean? That's one I never heard of? Noun, verb? How is it used?

    I'm originally a proud New Yorker, and my California students still, after almost 30 years, ask for an interpreter because of my NY accent.

    Steve B)

     

    Cor Blimey guv'nor,

    Thats why I never done the instructing lark, couldn't get on wiv it mate. Too mauch fannying around trying to gets other muppets up to scratch so they could empty their googles ahhht at the end of the sessions. Then there was the cleaning of the kit. Some muppets would jimmy riddle in their clobber, God that would pen and ink. Alls I could do at the end of the day was go dahhn the rub a dub for some claret before going back to the manor to see the trouble and strife. Dog and bone wouldn't stop ringing coz peeps wanted more lessons. Each day would see me cream krackered as I went up the apples and pairs to crash.

     

    Simple,

    :blink:

    Mark

  10. Haha excellent Mark - I still av excellent mates that bleedin' talk like that! Of course if you were a tru Bow Bells cor blimey, you'd only speak the last word of the couplets, or do I av to shaat 'cos yer mutt'n?

  11. JEEEEEZZZZZAAAAAARRSSSSSEEEE !!!

     

    Gerrrr off my traktore yer apple snatcher..!!! Or eye pop ya pumpkin.

     

    Or something like that..

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.