Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Bumper sticker contest!

Started by wetpixel ·

  • 25Posts
  • 25Replies

Read-only discussion

Bumper sticker contest!

25 posts
  1. Bumper sticker contest!

    Hi, guys - I was thinking of making wetpixel bumper stickers so you can plaster your pelican cases, housings, cars, and liveaboards with 'em.

     

    Having said that, I just spent an hour playing around with designs, and am having a bit of a creative lapse. Let's have a contest! Any takers? :)

     

    They should be 10"x3" @ 300dpi, which is 3000x900 pixels. Obviously, the text should be large enough to read from some distance away.

     

    As for slogans, I was just thinking of having "WETPIXEL.COM' and "Digital Underwater Photographer" on it, or something to that effect. As for an image: maybe a shark eating a photographer or something. :)

     

    Let's see what y'all can do! I'm not sure what I can offer in return, other than maybe uh... a public announcement extolling your virtues. :( Be creative. :)

     

    Thoughts?

  2. A great idea. Haven't you considered tweaking the graphic at the top of the page, though? It's almost a bumper sticker already.

  3. As for an image: maybe a shark eating a photographer or something. :)

     

    Great idea, now we need only 2 volunteers, one to take the shot and one to be eaten by the shark :)

  4. A great idea.  Haven't you considered tweaking the graphic at the top of the page, though?  It's almost a bumper sticker already.

    you're smart, craig! i didn't think of that.. :)

     

    but a shark eating a photographer -- maybe Bob -- would be better. :)

  5. It is a good idea Eric. What carrott are you dangling? Don't say a free sticker!!!!

  6. It is a good idea Eric. What carrott are you dangling? Don't say a free sticker!!!!

    How about...

     

    a full wetpixel feature about the winner's photographic life? :)

     

    a free print of something that I can get ahold of? (which, unfortunately, is just the stuff I've shot)

     

    --

     

    we make barely enough here to keep the site running. :)

  7. A big wet kiss for the winner!

     

    (disclaimer, the winner must be female)

     

    Cheers

    James

  8. A feature on the photographic life of Mark...Please what have we come too now? (Insert Todd in place of Mark as desired)

     

    hahaha

  9. A feature on the pornographic life of Mark...Please what have we come too now? (Insert Todd in place of Mark as desired)

     

    hahaha

    Insert Todd.........no problem. Its yours!!

  10. I have a idea that might look cool.

     

    A picture or line drawing of a divers head behind his camera housing, his hands on both sides of the housing handles, a stream of bubbles come up, and your idea of the shark eating the diver would be the reflection on the dome port.

     

    Marc

  11. I'll work on the reflection if you do the line work, Marc? :)

  12. Haven't you considered tweaking the graphic at the top of the page, though?  It's almost a bumper sticker already.

    I agree with this. The current graphic looks great.

     

    Or you could just tweak it like this for example.

     

    Mark

  13. Mark, your graphic look like an army's tag.

    And I had that kind of tags for too much already B)

  14. Watch this space!

  15. Mark, your graphic look like an army's tag.

    Only a suggestion. Whats wrong with the army anyway?

     

    Perhaps I could put a knife in his mouth and holding a box of milk tray!!!

  16. Unfortunately some people live in countries that do not have our luxury of personal choice.

     

    But let's not trip blindly down this road...

  17. Rough go at dome reflection...

     

    Munchy the reefshark by Eric.

  18. OK so thats 15 responses and no design...

     

    I am new to this site and digital photography underwater, a friend told me about the "contest" to design a Logo/bumper sticker.

     

    Considering how busy I will be over the next week I may be able to get a design together towards the end of next week.

     

    The shark and photographer thing sounds good, but are you stuck on this?

  19. Sorry one design...

     

    but its a little complicated...

  20. The shark and photographer thing sounds good, but are you stuck on this?

    Definitely not! I just want something simple, with "Wetpixel.com" and something like "Digital Photography for Divers".

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.