Ok, here is my idea. I haven't had a chance to actually sit down and do it. Basically, I wouldn't have a photograph as part of the bumper sticker. I would be afraid it would be too busy and not something that is clearly visable or understood by the passing person.
I would basically start with a bunch of bits (0s and 1s) on the left that would disolve into a picture (drawing) of a diver with a camera rig swimming towards a manta ray or something big as you went to the right. It could say Wetpixel.com (part of which would be made up of 0s and 1s as the bits dissolve into the picture) and in smaller text below it could say "digital photography for digital divers", or something like that.
What do you think? Now I just need to find the time to sit down and do it, because it may not be easy to visualize with my description.
Chris
Funny, I was sitting here thinking on something very similar. I was using this idea as a self-tutorial on blending layer masks. I have a silhouette photo at home, taken at San Benedicto, of a diver (I think he's holding a camera) looking from the "dark blue" at a manta ray (in the "light blue"). The diver is on the left side of the image, the manta is on the other. My idea was to pixelate the area between them so that the pixels get bigger toward the center of the image and gradually fade to the "reality" on the two sides (i.e., real photographer -- gradual pixelate to heavily pixelated water -- gradual fade back to real manta). For what it's worth, I think the whole 1's and 0's thing is a bit overdone . . .
Mike
Great minds think alike! I was thinking of having a dive flag that blends into pixels + a housed camera or something.
How about just a simple slogan such as
'I like to dive the wet and deep while my buddy takes photos'
So, I was cleaning out my Inbox today, and found messages on the ill-fated bumper sticker. Still sounds like a good idea, anyone willing to take this on? BOB???