Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Jobo Giga Vu Pro Evolution. Are they out there yet?

Started by Nige Wade ·

  • 28Posts
  • 28Replies

Read-only discussion

Jobo Giga Vu Pro Evolution. Are they out there yet?

28 posts
  1. I've been trying in vain to obtain a Jobo Giga Vu Pro Evolution 80gig

     

    Every distributor answers my enquiry with "we're still waiting to receive our back order"

    Does anyone out there know if they have been distributed yet, and if so who has them in stock?

     

    If not, whats the problem?

     

    Nige

  2. One week on the forum without a reply

     

     

    I take it thats a NO then? :lol:

  3. I feel your pain. :lol:

  4. Thanks for that Loftus

     

    I was starting to feel a bit like Billy no mates

     

    Would you be my Friend? :blink:

     

    Nige

  5. Sure; BTW, I have the Epson P2000. It's nice, but the download from a CF card is very slow, and if one uses it as a card reader you have to download to the Epson then to your computer. Very tedious. I think it is important to check out whether the Jobo allows simultaneous downloading to your computer and the device.

  6. Thanks for being my only freind loftus

     

    The simultaneous download issue shouldn't be a problem as i intend to only use the Jobo on feildtrips where its not practical to drag the laptop along, then download to the desktop on my return.

    what is important is the transfer of NEF raw in the feild as backup to CF cards.

     

    Having read the various reviews on the Giga Vu pro evo it surpases my requirements by miles giving me the chance to "grow" without shelling out more wonga on new technology.

     

    I'm in the Keys end of October for a week do you know of any suppliers in that neck of the woods who may stock them?

  7. I will call around; my local photo store are Jobo dealers. They said they do not stock it but can order it. I'll let you know what I find out.

  8. Awsome loftus

     

    looks like you realy are my only friend

     

    Many thanks

     

    Nige

  9. I've had one on order from Adorama for a couple of months now with no delivery date advised. One small light at the end of the tunnel is that the note on their web site has been changed recently from something along the lines of "it's on backorder" to "it's soldout and now on backorder". So maybe there are some out there somewhere.

  10. Good news!! I just received an email from Adorama to advise that my 40GB version has been shipped. I hope it makes it from New York to Western Australia before I leave for Cocos (Keeling) Islands next weekend.

  11. That's good to hear. Nige, I tried calling around, those who said they could get it, never called back with any more info.

  12. Loftus

     

    Thanks for doing the phone round thing

    I called a number of suppliers here in the UK, they were very positive in that Jobo have notified them of deliveries arriving to fill back orders on Tuesday 3 September with further stock orders of all sizes being delivered by the 20th.

    I will be on the phone all day Tuesday trying to secure a purchase.

    The thought of dragging dive kit, cameras, lenses, housing, ports, strobes, arms and one pair of clean kaks halfway round the world is made bearable if the laptop can stay at home.

     

    I'll let you know the progress

     

    After all you are my only true friend :)

     

    Nige

  13. After all you are my only true friend :)

     

    Nige

    Ahh, Nige, had you forgotten about me?

     

    Seriously, I just bought a bit of kit that was not available in the UK, direct from Japan. It worked for me - just got to cancel my credit card now!

     

    JB

    Edited by John Bantin
  14. How the hell could I forget about you JB

    My thrapist bills have become crippling since our week "sleeping" together.

     

    And then you come outta the closet and go down with GLUG, (I hope the passage was smooth)

     

    Come on then What did you buy from Japan, was it a Geisha?

     

    If its a Jobo Giga Vu Pro Evo I'm gonna cry

     

     

    Nige xxxxxxxxxx

  15. You've got me worried now, I think i'll just retire with my Epson P-2000 :)

  16. No need to worry Loftus

     

    Check out http://www.divernet.com/equipment/regs2006/regs.shtml

     

    As far as GLUG, JB did a livaboard with them as he reported in last months Diver mag.

     

    Todays the day to get on the phone and plague the life out of UK Jobo suppliers.

     

    I bet I end up dissapointed, I'll let you know.

     

    Nige

  17. No need to worry Loftus

     

    Check out http://www.divernet.com/equipment/regs2006/regs.shtml

     

    As far as GLUG, JB did a livaboard with them as he reported in last months Diver mag.

     

    Todays the day to get on the phone and plague the life out of UK Jobo suppliers.

     

    I bet I end up dissapointed, I'll let you know.

     

    Nige

     

    No Nige, I am not going to tell you what I bought from Mr Yuzo because I know you will only go and get one too! Let me see your Jobo when you've got it though!

     

    JB

    Edited by John Bantin
  18. YES

     

    80gig of electronic RAW storage at long last!!!!!!!

     

    Thanks to Loftus for being my friend and to everyone that contributed to this thread.

     

    John are you sure I'm gonna want one, I know its a Geisha, cant we share? :)

     

    Nige

  19. And Epson recently announced the new P-3000 and P-5000 as alternative choices:

     

    Dpreview - Epson announcement

     

    The P-2000 is already being discounted as well.

     

     

    rinjani

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.