Thor is the Norse god of thunder. He is a son of Odin and Jord, and one of the most powerful gods.

I am serious, this is probably where the name came from, a strong little shrimp. Many of the names of genera have no meaning at all, like Abudefduf.
brevicarpalis = short legs (or arms); brevi = short
tenuipes = probably from tenuis = thin, slender
Periclimenes = probably from the Greek Peryklymenon = honeysuckle (maybe the shrimp legs and colors look like honeysuckles?)
Oh man, you guys rock!
I figured it was the Norse god Thor.....but the other stuff.....
So Thor Amboinensis appears to me Thunder God from Ambon (Indonesia island)
I figured brevi was from abbreviated or in Italian, brevette (sp?) carpalis from what I find is Latin and is the equivalent to the Greek "karpos" meaning wrist. In English we use the term carpal. So Brevicarpalis appears to mean "Short armed" so if we put them all together Periclimenes Brevicarpalis appears to mean "Short Armed Honeysuckle".
I did some research on tenuipes....seems tenui is a prefix indicating the characteristic of being slender. Tenuipes tranbslates to meaning "with a slender stalk" or probably in this instance slender bodied" so it looks like Periclimenes Tenuipes would loosely translate to "Slender bodied honeysuckle"
Now, considering I have to narrate this stuff over HiDef footage, how does one properly pronounce tenuipes? Ten-oo-ip-ess? I figure periclimines as peri as in periscope, and clim-in-ess as opposed to cli-meens, but that also leaves the question of which syllable receives the emphasis if at all.
Here is where I researched some of this stuff:
http://www.etymologie.info/~e/u_/us-__ca__.html