Kirkwood? I love that place. They used to have "young adult" tickets for 21 bux!
Cheers
James
Read-only discussion
Kirkwood? I love that place. They used to have "young adult" tickets for 21 bux!
Cheers
James
Hey Mark, on my aerial photo, about 200 yards from the bottom of the photo, an F4 tornado passed by on May 27, 1997. It was part of the same system that produced the F5 in Jarrel, TX and an F3 in Cedar Park, TX. After seeing trees fly over my, then just completed house, I burried myself and my two airedales in a closet. My home suffered no damages but others weren't so lucky.
I knew there had to be some thrill seekers among this group.
Kirkwood? I love that place. They used to have "young adult" tickets for 21 bux!
Cheers
James
It's Granite Peak at Squaw Valley, about 15 minutes hike up from the top of the Granite Chief lift.
Hey Mark, on my aerial photo, about 200 yards from the bottom of the photo, an F4 tornado passed by on May 27, 1997. It was part of the same system that produced the F5 in Jarrel, TX and an F3 in Cedar Park, TX. After seeing trees fly over my, then just completed house, I burried myself and my two airedales in a closet. My home suffered no damages but others weren't so lucky.
I knew there had to be some thrill seekers among this group.
Scotty, sure is one here. I was over touring the Plains last May. Bagged a few tornadoes (nothing substantial) but saw some awesome severe weather. Really feel for you guys over there. Whilst visiting I saw the damage path from the May 3 1999 Oklahoma F5 tornado. Boy that was some event. Damage is still visible 3 yrs later!! Anyway heres a link to my photos from the chase trip last year.
http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/phot....asp?albumid=37
Do alot of chasing in the UK believe it or not (in between diving). Heres the sort of thing we get every now 7 again!
Mark
Is that considered a water spout or a tornado over water?
This is one of my other hobbies. I am the one driving the boat. I also do diving duty as well.
This is why we are here.


This is at another venue




Scotty, waterspout over water. Tornado over land.
BTW awesome pics. Talk about me seeking thrills!!!
Mark I was pretty sure it was a water spout but I have seen footage of a tornado crossing a lake.
I'm not the real thrill seeker in the photos. The ones we scrape up that can go 1/4 mile in under 5 seconds @ 240+ MPH are the real thrill seekers.
BTW that photographer, Randy, uses a D1x and a 400mm AFS. The 9 fps come in handy for him. Those are only a couple shots out of each sequence.
So, in that second pic, is the driver wearing a parachute that deploys if he flys out of his cockpit? What about the 4th shot? Does he hae an ejection capsule? Whoa!!!!!
Cheers
James
James you are correct on both accounts. The capsule is required for any sub 8 second class. It is designed to shear away upon initial impact. The idea is to clear the wreckage and hopefully skip a ways on the water, therefore reducing deceleration type injuries. Michelle, during the crash of HER top fuel hydro, did a major face plant and stuffed the capsule. She was unconscious when we retrieved her but only suffered 4 broken ribs.
The parachute on the open boat driver is designed to seperate him from the wrecage and hopefully put him in the water feet first. It is also attached to a cabling system in the harness to pull his knees together. Unfortunately, Charlie did the "trails end" imitation and cartwheeled ahead of the boat. Believe it or not, his injuries were minor.
We had 17 crashes last year, 4 in excess of 200 mph, and they are all walking and talking.
Okay... So maybe I live on a Sears two-man inflatable raft anchored right next to this place, but at least the view is fantastic!
![]()
In the middle of the bay-- Stiltsville
Key Biscayne, Florida
Hey Laz your right great view. I bet it gets a bit scary when you are on a hurricane watch! The surge would probably cover your place would it not?
Now that's what you call oceanfront. You sure it's not in Arizona?
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.