Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Mini Cinema Plan

Started by wagsy ·

  • 67Posts
  • 67Replies

Read-only discussion

Mini Cinema Plan

67 posts
  1. Wags ,

     

    Check these projectors out

     

    Barco

     

    They are absolutely fantastic.

  2. Bruno, cheers for that.

    That projector might be abit hard to get in Aus. No dealers.

     

    Guys how much money do you think we have :D You know, I had to sell the old troupe to buy Kelly's ring..... Drews model came in at $8000 AUD but Peter you certainly beat that with $199.000 AUD :):D

     

    We are thinking of around $3000 AUD or so....we do have to buy other stuff as well.

     

    But if people do end up paying $9.95 to see Mike in action, then maybe we could update later on. :)

    Nope it will be free of charge...

     

    The keys are handed back to us at the end of the month then we will take some before pics so we have something to say well this is what it looked liked at the start.

  3. Hi Wags & Kelly,

     

    The only thing I can offer at the moment is my 17min mini doccy about a Maltese oil tanker/artificial reef...

     

    Not very long I know but pretty good all the same. (add girlfriend jokes)...

     

    If thats any help, its yours..

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

     

    P.S I know there's other members waitng for copies out there, I haven't forgot you, honest :D

  4. Guys how much money do you think we have :P You know, I had to sell the old troupe to buy Kelly's ring..... Drews model came in at $8000 AUD but Peter you certainly beat that with $199.000 AUD :D;)

     

    We are thinking of around $3000 AUD or so....we do have to buy other stuff as well.

     

    But if people do end up paying $9.95 to see Mike in action, then maybe we could update later on. :)

    Nope it will be free of charge...

     

    Wags the Optoma HD72i is about $2k in the US. Which is about AU$2.6k. The reason why I suggested the Sony is the native res is HD. The others are non native HD res. And I didn't even suggest the Sony SRX-R110, which is 4K res. Oh and it is beautiful. But you need your own production house to produce 4K work though. Give me 3 years. I may have something for you. :)

    PS the SRX-R110 is ONLY under US$100k. Much cheaper than the lower res Barcos. :)

     

    For my ring suggestion, I recommend you get a plastic toy ring you find "accidently" at a romantic spot and say it's much more meaningful. Plus the environmental damage to mine gold, diamonds and silver is devasting! Seriously! Much better to buy antique jewellery.

    Edited by scubadru
  5. Dean, sounds great.... send it over and we will put you on the list for our new Ningaloo DVD when it's done.

     

    Drew the Optoma HD72i is about $4999 AUD with GST. Do you think DLP is better than LCD?

     

    I can get a Epson EMP TW600 with 100 inch longhorn screen and spare globe for $2799 AUD.

    1280/720 res

     

    The $2800 AUD Epson TW700 has 10000:1 contrast ratio, 10 git colour processing

     

    arh I don't kown, to many to pick form....

    Projectors AUS

     

     

     

    To late we already have the ring. ;)

  6. Kelly's ring.. ;) He said Kelly's ring.. :P

     

    Sorry couldn't help it. :D

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  7. Wags,

     

    Have had the Barcos on hire - they do rock for the big screen performance. There are a number of them that are due to come of hire shortly. I believe they will be looking for new homes......

     

    I got my grandmums engagement ring reworked for mine - it seemed do the trick for a while. Now every year she buys another stone and gets it stuck on the dammed thing ! A man can't seem to win or kick a goal with out the fairer sex having their manipulating ways with them.

    Edited by pmooney
  8. Hey, come on..

     

    I thought you Ozzie blokes were men amongst men. hard nailed, hairy arsed, teeth spitting blokes.

     

    Come on everyone lets go diving and leave the girls to cook the pizza & chill the lager whilst roaming round in classic (though not to feminine) undies.

     

    HOOORAH !!!! ;):P

     

    Sorry, got to go and put the washing on.. :D

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(equal rights)B

  9. Wags,

     

    Have had the Barcos on hire - they do rock for the big screen performance. There are a number of them that are due to come of hire shortly. I believe they will be looking for new homes......

     

    I got my grandmums engagement ring reworked for mine - seemed do the trick fora while. Now every year she buys another stone a gets its stuck on the dammed thing a man cant win or kick a goal with out the fairer ex having their manipulating ways with them

     

    Mate, just take her to a diamond or gold mind in Africa or Indonesia. First have her watch up close then maybe do an aerial survey of the area. Mine no longer feels good about those ancient deposits... and a few books by Sebastiao Salgado like Workers or something on the coffee table will keep them in check. ;)

     

    Wags, DLP vs LCD is a contentious issue. LCD has slightly better color saturation, brighter and is sharper. However it is more expensive to maintain as the LCD age due to heat and is more costly to replace. The heat also makes it unsuitable for long time use (12hrs +).

    DLP have better contrast, better resolution and less pixellation, cheaper to run 24/7 (it's just a bulb replacement).

    It's better if you first know how big the room will be, how much ambient light is around for the projector to overpower, then go from there.

  10. Wags,

     

    Have had the Barcos on hire - they do rock for the big screen performance. There are a number of them that are due to come of hire shortly. I believe they will be looking for new homes......

     

    I got my grandmums engagement ring reworked for mine - it seemed do the trick for a while. Now every year she buys another stone and gets it stuck on the dammed thing ! A man can't seem to win or kick a goal with out the fairer sex having their manipulating ways with them.

     

    Peter, they still probably want $50,000 for it :P Well you seem to be buying toys all the time so only fair but personaly I cannot see anything in a ring. But we did sell the troupe for it serious.... :D Although we only got a few grand for it.

     

    Drew it is a big room but it will be night time most of the time when it's on. I would say we have a $3000 AUD budget as we have many other things to buy as well. Maybe we will just go with the Epson EMP TW600 with a screen and spare globe for around $2800 AUD, but will check out some DLP's around that price as well. Can update to something else later on.

     

    Dean did you get the washing out? Or did you forget and have to put it through another wash :)

     

    Looks like we are going to end up with some real cool footage to show though. We will most certainly chuck up a web can so you can all see what we are up too in their.

     

    Maybe I can get one and do a review on it ;) I send out a few emails to see what I get.....

  11. Wags I was joking ...DeanB does not do washing.. ;)

     

    Well at least until I finished cleaning the floors, hoovering, darning socks and licking the toilet rim clean.. :D

     

    Last one is my speciality... :P

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  12. Drew it is a big room but it will be night time most of the time when it's on. I would say we have a $3000 AUD budget as we have many other things to buy as well. Maybe we will just go with the Epson EMP TW600 with a screen and spare globe for around $2800 AUD, but will check out some DLP's around that price as well. Can update to something else later on.

     

    Wags, does the 3k include the screen? Not much point buying a super groovy projector for a white painted wall. Oh screens can be more expensive than the projectors. Grey, white, electric, screen gain blah blah.

  13. Don't know Drew.

    Do you think a white wall would be no good. I was thinking of using that method.

     

    Tomorrow...1st Nov we take the keys back from the leasee's of the restaurant section. Will go and take some pics so you can see what it looks like.

     

    Anyone looking for a job as a cook/chief?

    Edited by wagsy
  14. i worked for years as a cook.......

     

    soo...

     

     

    NO!

     

    :D

  15. Mike are you sure? There'll be more women whose fathers won't decapitate you and faster internet.

  16. And you would have to serve the ugly ones as well Mike and not just the pretty ones...

     

    oO will I get into trouble for saying that......

  17. The good thing about Mike is he's so desperate... they all look good now! :D

     

    And back to your projection screen. White walls will dim any projector down by 20% at least and the contrast etc will be affected. And you'll see the imperfections of the paintjob as a whaleshark opens its mouth etc. Don't be cheap mate... sell Kelly's wedding ring! :D

  18. All women are beautiful...Just some are more so than others.. :D

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(can't cook, won't cook)B

  19. Thas right Dean and that's why Alcohol was invented....and Mike drinks so much of it... :D:D

     

    Anyhow back to the topic..

     

    Todays the day we get the keys back...so will go down and takes some inside pics of what we have.

     

    Cheers Drew, I did not know that...Kelly is in Perth for her Dress fitting today..then off to Melbourne to go shopping with Grandmar and MUM for their dresses...Dont's ya luv it..just me and the Cat here batching....

    Edited by wagsy
  20. Well here we go.

    Will probably make a Blog so you all can keep track on hows it all going.

    If you have any ideas on how we should do it, would be cool...

     

    This is the room were we will build the Mini Cinema in..should get a few people in there...

     

    Front Door

    room2.jpg

     

    Inside

    room.jpg

     

     

    room1.jpg

    Edited by wagsy
Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.