Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Video Uploader Page

Started by wagsy ·

  • 38Posts
  • 38Replies

Read-only discussion

Video Uploader Page

38 posts
  1. Howdy all.

    Have been thinking about it for a while now in turning www.hdvunderwater.com into a site that anyone with underwater video clips can upload and into the system.

     

    I have only built the uploader page for now but once I have a few clips from around the world, I will begin to make embedded FLASH dynamic menus and load the FLASH clips into different parts of the world etc. Will also have a section on conservation clips.

     

    Anyhow feel free to upload you clips, 100 meg limit file size for the clips. If you can upload FLASH 320/180 @ 400kbps would be good, but you can also upload wmv or mov etc and I can convert them to FLASH this end. May have an option for larger versions abit later on for full screen viewing.

     

    Might be best if you can use copyright free music if you can as well :( We will be looking at each clip, so we may not load up clips that are rubbish, but fine if it's your first one. :)

     

    There might be a few bugs to iron out so let me know if you have problems and any ideas along the way.

     

    Have fun

    Paul Wags

     

    VIDEO UPLOADER PAGE

  2. nicely done sir! Thanks for that!!!

     

    i think we going to have a "love wags" page here.... :(

     

    i think you have a couple of mine already... (although just boring manta bits)

     

    feel free to use those as tests if you like...

     

    M

     

    shall we pin this topic?

  3. Mike

    I'm not sure if I still have yours, just went crazy and deleted a heap of stuff from the server and my drives <_< O yes there is that Mikey HDV folder I set up for you...I'll check it.

     

    We could pin it, I was going to see what kind of responce first and if the uploader works fine on different browsers. But yes it could end up being real cool having one place to look at just underwater clips.

  4. Hey Wags, a most excellent project!!

     

    It is a great service to the underwater imaging community, and will be a lot of fun to visit and be part of. This can become the new YouTube of underwater video--and bring underwater imagers all over the world a little closer together.

     

    A very cool thing you're doing, Wags. Thank you!

     

    Mary Lynn

  5. Thanks Mary, should be fun and well lets see how well it goes.

     

    Building a test Template now for the site. :(

    Any input from folks would be good.

     

    Now, should I have countries or just places for all the buttons.

    Like Australia or just Cairns or Melbourne etc. I feel that if say someone clicks on say a Cairns button then the dynamic menu opens up with all the Cairns underwater clips in it? Like wise if someone clicks on teh YAP button all clips from YAP open up?

     

    I still feel that later on we can put a link on each clip to play a much larger size full screen.

     

    Here is the link to the very rough test template I'm messing around with.

    TEST TEMPLATE

     

    If a few of you could uplaod a test clip... would be cool as well. wmv or flash or QT.

    UPLOADER PAGE

    Edited by wagsy
  6. Wags

     

    You need to put in: Scandinavia and Mediterranean

     

    I will upload a clip shortly.

     

    -Oups, Wags, do you only accept video's shot on HD equiptment ?

    Edited by skawdiver
  7. No, any underwater clip is great, whatever it was shot with.

    Got your info from the form...await the clip...you could be the first one :(

     

    Flash or QT or wmv or divx or whatever....any size...I can convert easy this end.

  8. No, any underwater clip is great, whatever it was shot with.

    Got your info from the form...await the clip...you could be the first one :(

     

    Flash or QT or wmv or divx or whatever....any size...I can convert easy this end.

    Strange - I uploaded the clip prior to sending the info from the form.

     

    The progress bar was all the way to the end, so I thought that the clip was uploaded, i'll try again. :-)

  9. Hey Hans

    Got the clip.

    Interesting one there :)

     

    The clips are uploaded once the red progress bar disappears and your clp is then shown in the list.

    Then you fill out the form details.

     

    I will have a look at maybe having both submitting together. :)

     

    It's all a work in progress, but thanks for being one of the first to send us a clip. :(

  10. Code code everywhere har har.... :blink:

     

    Anyhow could some of you please look at this again

    World Video Clips Page

     

    Only three links work in the dropdown menus..

    Australia , Spain, Yap.

     

    All the data about the clips is feed into the player by external scripts and so are the dropdown menus.

     

    Do the clips play and do the dropdowns menus work on different browsers again please.

     

    The uploader page to upload the clips or even submit your video clip links and details about them is here.

    Uploader Page

     

    I feel I'm getting close...send me ya underwater clips so we can create a huge library on just underwater clips......

     

    Wags ;)

    Edited by wagsy
  11. Hey Wags,

    I tried uploading a 5min self contained movie but it was too large I guess. What size and dimension films are you suggesting? Would 320x240 be best?

    Steve B)

  12. Hello Paul,

     

    I sent a couple of clips through your uploader page but they went through really quickly so not sure if they actually transferred or not. They were named BRHD.divx and TTTug.divx.

     

    This will be both an excellent place to display our work as well as check out other places we would like to visit. Kudos to you and keep up the good work.

     

    By the way, Kelly was a beautiful bride.

     

    Congratulations,

     

    David

  13. Hey Wags,

    Where's the Palau link??? Back in the game my man..........

     

    Any Palau link will be severely mistreated with the addition of some pretty sick images from the new cam.......hey BTW not filmed yet but we've got a dead whale here at the mo. Washed into a shallow beach area the remains of a 10m long Minke Whale are ceremoniously being chowed on by a bunch of Tiger sharks. Dived it a few times and saw tigers each time but, MAN are they skittish........I'll be trying to get more soon. Gotta wait for the moon cycle to get us back to good tides.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  14. Dam. still bugs in it....just tried IE and it's useless. Firefox is great. :blink:

    Thanks guys....... no clips came through... :)

     

    Will get it running correct soon.

     

    Huh O yes Kelly must off uploaded some pics.... :D

     

    Don't worry Mark, your link will be there, just still putting it all together.

    Dead Whale sounds good, dont use a Semi Rigid Inflatable ;).... While filming sharks which are feeding on a Whale Carcus.

    Edited by wagsy
  15. Hi all.

    I'm trying out a new uploader script. Loaded a few big files and it seem to work my end fine.

     

    Could some of you please try it out again. You can upload any file type.

     

    Cheers..

     

    New Uploader Page

  16. Hello Paul,

     

    Tried to send a file last night and left it transmitting when I went to bed. Got an error message this moring that no file had been selected. Tried the new uploader page from within Firefox today and it timed out on a server not found message after several minutes. Will keep trying...persistence pays.

  17. Well I tried but saw no progress in the progress bar after 20 minutes so I gave up. Is there a suggested size limitation?

    Steve B)

  18. David & Steve..thanks guys

     

    I have the size set high and loaded a big one myself.

    I'll ditch that one as well and try for another type completely.

    Need one that will resume if there is a dropout I suppose.

     

    You guys can FTP them if you know how in the meantime.

     

    FTP = www.pcwags.com

    Usname = hdv@pcwags.com

    Pasword = floppy

    Edited by wagsy
  19. Hello Paul,

     

    I managed to get a smaller file (LC.divx @ 22.7 MB) transmitted successfully. Larger files, around 90 MB, consistently give "The conection to the server was reset while the page was loading" error message. There are some files at the Stage6 site that I will try to transmit or, failing that, will transmit via FTP.

     

    Cheers,

     

    David

  20. Hi David

    Got the Lucayan Caves one...cool. Encoding and setting it up now.

     

    Yes maybe just FTP them works the best.

    If you are on a PC then FileZilla is a good free FTP program with resume option for large clips if a drop out happens on upload.

     

    FTP = www.pcwags.com

    Usname = hdv@pcwags.com

    Pasword = floppy

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.